All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather /anyone - The Maker's Diet?
      #73711 - 05/26/04 05:22 PM
howiesbuttercup

Reged: 08/20/03

Anyone know anything about The Maker's Diet? On another board, for MVPS, one person is touting something called The Maker's Diet and said it was developed by a person with Crohn's disease and how it changed his life. It apparently is a low carb diet but I don't know for sure. Other people are also pushing Atkins, even for people with IBS (alot of people with mvp/mvps have IBS as well). I cannot believe that people with IBS can do well with Atkins but they are saying that they are doing great and feel 100% better. I am giving out your website addy, by the way, and I hope that some have come over. Just wondered if anyone here had read anything The Maker's Diet.

Shari

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Heather /anyone - The Maker's Diet? new
      #73722 - 05/26/04 06:02 PM
catzlady4

Reged: 04/26/03
Loc: LongI sland,NY

I have heard of it my friend is reading the book I have tried the SCD diet which worked for 9 months. Can you believe 9 months with no attacks? Anyway it was very, very restricted like the makers diet that is why I decided to give this a try so far so good but I do have ups and downs I read alittle bit about the makers diet and I know my friend's sister is doing it but I don't think I could stick to it.

#73736 - 05/26/04 06:37 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Shari, Catzlady and everyone,

Low carb, high protein diets may work for other people but they are very tough on IBS tummies. It may work for awhile but eventually it will catch up with you and you will be so sick you'll want to die!! Heather wrote a whole long post about it -- it's the second sticky post at the top of the list.

Stick with Heather's diet and if you need to lose weight, just count calories. There's tons of websites where you can input your meals and track your progress.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Haven't heard of it - so sorry. -nt- new
      #73739 - 05/26/04 06:49 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#73750 - 05/26/04 07:14 PM
howiesbuttercup

Reged: 08/20/03

Don't worry, Laura, I have no intention of trying it. Heather's diet is the best and I'm sticking to it. I can't seem to convince the others on the mvps board that this is the way to go if you have IBS...but hey, its their loss. I've given them the website addy, the fact that thousands of people have found the diet to be helpful and thats all that I can do. I'll keep spreading the word as long as people will listen, and even then keep on keeping on.

#73887 - 05/27/04 09:03 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Good for you! And remember what they say about leading horses to water -- you can't make them drink!! You're right, it's their loss. But at least you've planted the seed, and when they're ready, they'll remember your suggestion!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2370 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 882

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review