All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Hey Miss Pepper, Aciphex and Clarks Shoes !!! new
      #70514 - 05/14/04 03:19 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Now that you mention Aciphex, I took that a long time ago. If I remember correctly, it worked great for me, dont' even ask me why I quit taking it. I have taken so many things my brain loses track. I do love the prilosec though, it takes about a week before you start to feel it working.

As for the Clarks, I buy some of mine at Zappos.com. These are the only shoes that I can wear that do not hurt my back, once a believer always a believer You have to keep going back and checking, they have sales and clearances. They also pay for shipping, and if you dont like the shoes, they pay to ship them back. Love that!!!!! I live in a rural area, I dont have quick access to shopping, thats why I love zappos, and places like them.

I have been eating all day long, I just cant seem to satisfy my taste buds or my tummy. I will pay tomorrow for what I ate today. ITs not that I dont understand the diet,a nd follow it most of the time, its just that I am craving food right now, any food. hate that.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

yes.... new
      #70518 - 05/14/04 03:30 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

yes, we do, but i keep some extra in a little bag in my purse, just in case!

--------------------

Re: Hey Gigi & Rachel new
      #70535 - 05/14/04 04:19 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

close to the Woodlands here! I really had no idea that the heat made things worse. Amazing...

This info was in a newsletter a while ago, and it's in the First Year IBS book... new
      #70539 - 05/14/04 04:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

here's the page from the book Heat and Stress. Just scroll down that page a bit and you'll see the info.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I used to make sorbet every week new
      #70541 - 05/14/04 04:29 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

when I lived in New England and the hot humid summers nearly killed me. Lemon, lime-mint, mango, strawberry...whatever was fresh and in-season I'd make into homemade sorbet. Often it was the only thing remotely appealing to me when the heat just left me with no appetite at all.

There are quite a few recipes for sorbet in Eating for IBS, and also check the recipe board for lots of ideas.

Tomato-basil bread salad was a good main dish - no cooking required, and it was perfect for summer garden produce. Tangy Thai salad worked well, and anything you could just throw on an outdoor grill (salmon, shrimp, whitefish, skinless chicken breasts) to make barbecue or fajitas with.

I'd also make big batches of herbal iced tea - very refreshing!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

what's worse is it's not just heat for me... new
      #70645 - 05/15/04 09:53 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Extreme heat is definitely a trigger for me... but not as badly as the cold is! This is why I was excited to move down to Austin... when I was little and waited outside for the bus it was a disaster, I could feel my intestines start spasming and it got worse and worse while I was out there. No playing in the snow for me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 920 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9031

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review