All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: this is wonderful... new
      #7683 - 04/28/03 12:54 PM
canyontinsley

Reged: 04/12/03
Loc: Canyon, TX

I have both books, and I still don't know exactly what ya'll mean by "IBS Guidelines". Could someone give these to me word for word. Also, when ya'll talk about exercising, what exactly do you do? Is walking, riding bikes, and yoga enough? Lets say for about an hour and half a day? If you don't mind, give me examples of what your exercise programs consist of. I'm sorry to be such a nuisance, I'm just still so new to all of this.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#7687 - 04/28/03 01:17 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I try to move around as much as possible after meals esp. and just in general. I get about 40 min. of walking time in 5 days a week so far...and I do yoga occasionally with time permitting for up to an hour.

You are totaly NOT a pain...we love hearing from you! *hugs*

I hope someone else can help ya out with your IBS guidelines question!

Take care, and let me know how your exercise goes (an hour and a half is AMAZING! Do you get up after meals and walk around? That also might help).

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7690 - 04/28/03 01:43 PM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Walking, riding your bike and yoga is definitely enough! Especially if you do it for an hour and a half every day!!! Yikes. That's quite the workout schedule. For my workouts, it depends on the time of year. I do pilates 3-4 times per week year round, I typically do Yoga in the winter, I workout at the gym (lifting weights - 3 x per week except in the summer) and I play ultimate LOTS and LOTS and LOTS in the summer!

Have fun!

--------------------
Lorna

#7699 - 04/28/03 03:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - You're not a nuisance! The "IBS Guidelines" just means the general dietary guidelines, which you're probably familiar with from the books. Avoid trigger foods entirely (red meat, dairy, fried foods, coffee, etc.). Base meals and snacks on soluble fiber. Be very careful with insoluble fiber, and add it to your diet with caution (cook, peel, seed, dice, puree fruits/veggies, blend beans, don't have insoluble fiber on an empty stomach or without soluble fiber). That's all!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 663 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 49459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review