All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Does anyone know anything about "JUICE PLUS" Vitamins ?
      #68241 - 05/06/04 10:41 AM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I have heard from friends (who do not have IBS) that these are great vitamins. I can't find the nutritional info anywhere on the internet. Was wondering if they would be good for me with my stomach issues.

Here is the spiel from their website:

Quote:

Juice Plus +® is the convenient and inexpensive way to add more nutrition from fresh, raw fruits and vegetables to your diet, every day! Juice Plus +® is a whole food supplement, made from a variety of nutritious fruits and vegetables, not a highly processed, highly-fragmented vitamin or mineral supplement. Juice Plus +® has the Vitamin C of 4 oranges, the Beta Carotene of 3 raw carrots, more Vitamin E than several 1 cup servings of spinach and broccoli, plus other vitamins and minerals and phytochemicals and antioxidants found in the fruits and vegetables it's made from.

Does anyone out there have any insight?

Thanks,
Leigh

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Juice Plus new
      #68284 - 05/06/04 01:27 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi Leigh,

I personally have mixed feelings on this product. I used to belong to another IBS messageboard and arguements about this product pretty much tore the board apart.

Here's a thread I found when I did a search: web page.

I've heard different results about it - for some people it works, and for others it resulted in more D.

Perhaps Heather can provide an insight about this product?

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Thank Angylroses - Maybe Heather knows new
      #68318 - 05/06/04 02:33 PM
Gr8ful

Thanks Jennifer for responding - I appreciate it. I did a search before but I didn't realize there was a date range so I only looked in the default of last month. (This will help me a lot with future searches!)

I'm still pretty confused about using these vitamins or not. Heather do you know?

Thanks,
Leigh

Re: Thank Angylroses - Maybe Heather knows new
      #68376 - 05/06/04 04:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I really don't know anything about this product. They sound like regular vitamins to me, maybe better quality than average but I really don't know. I don't think they'd actively help IBS, and I'd follow the general precautions about taking vitamins if you do use them (see the diet FAQ for this vitamin info).

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Does anyone know anything about "JUICE PLUS" Vitamins ? new
      #68633 - 05/07/04 05:04 PM
drz7

Reged: 05/04/04

Gr8ful-I used to be a distributor of JuicePlus. I've been taking the product for more than 5 yrs. now. Although,I don't know if it has helped my IBS or not.I can say it definitely has helped my overall health. I don't catch colds and flu like I used to. I feel much healthier now! To start taking the product,you should take 1 fruit capsule in the morning and 1 veg. cap in the evening. Until your body gets use to it. Make sure you take a glass of water with each cap. They use organic fruits and vegetables,it's all natural.

"JUICE PLUS" Vitamins - Thanks for the replies new
      #68678 - 05/07/04 10:16 PM
Gr8ful

I was just at a health food store today and picked up a children's multi with Iron. The doctor said I need to do something to bring up my iron level.

Thanks for the info - I may give the "Juice Plus" ones a try next time around.

Leigh

#224237 - 11/11/05 06:16 AM
tcollins

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Mississippi, USA

See my post on this site "MY IBS story" I have had great success with JuicePlus and my stomach problems.

Terry

#224637 - 11/13/05 02:03 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Hi Terry,

I just began Juice Plus last week per my Gastroenterologists advice. He takes it and has had great success with the added nutrients/vitamins. Anyway, I am starting off slowly - increasing by one cap every week starting with the fruit and going on to the veg until I reach the max of 2 fruit in the AM and 2 veg in the PM. He also suggested that I supplement with the Berries. I am still in my first week and only taking one fruit in the AM. I'll keep you updated on my progress. Even if it doesn't help my IBS and it is just giving me extra vitamins for my overall health, I am all for it. I mean, I am definitely not getting the nutrients from fruits as I can't tolerate them, or from many veg. I can tolerate very well cooked veg twice a day - lunch and dinner. Anymore than that and I am in trouble.

--------------------
Dana

#224816 - 11/14/05 10:09 AM
tcollins

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Mississippi, USA

I also began with one fruit and one veggie. I am so pleased with my results. I can eat almost anything now without having stomach cramps and C. I have been talking with someone who has D and wants to try Juice Plus to see if it helps.
Please let me know how you are doing. I am really interested in knowing if you think the JP helps with IBS.

Thanks
Terry

#224967 - 11/14/05 06:40 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Most definitely. I will keep you updated. I am thinking positive thoughts that this will be a good thing for my IBS. I'm an A by the way, but tend to fall towards the D side.

--------------------
Dana

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4253

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review