All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Left Side Pain
      #6813 - 04/22/03 05:37 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Lately, I've been getting really bad crampy like pain on my left side, does anybody else get this, or know where its coming from? I have heard that right sided pain can be caused by appendicitis (sp?) gallbladder and other things, but what about the left side? Whats over there anyway?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Left Side Pain new
      #6816 - 04/22/03 05:41 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Angel,
Could it be ovulation pain? I used to get that (when I used to ovulate regularly that is !) and it was kind of crampy.

Also, I don't know how you went with your PCOS testing and that but I have PCOS and it can make that pain worse - just a thought.

If it continues I'd maybe have it checked, ovarian cysts are part of PCOS. I've had a really big one before and it caused a lot of pain.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#6818 - 04/22/03 05:46 PM
ConcreteAngel

Kerrie,
Im going for an ultrasound tomorrow and getting lots of more blood tests. My gyno said that if they found a cyst on me she would not be surprised at all. Maybe that is it. I havnt "ovulated" for a year now, and i think my body may be trying and is bringing lots of pain to me. I have been getting bad attacks too, which could explain that my body is trying to ovulate.
thanks

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6825 - 04/22/03 06:15 PM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

Angela,
How come you haven't ovluated for a year?
Kerrie can be right about ovluation pain. I only experience pain on my left durning ovluation, but it's caused by cysts. My cysts are WNL.

#6836 - 04/22/03 06:41 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Lower left-sided crampy pain is actually very typical for IBS. It's where the lower part of your colon is. Most IBS folks actually say the pain is left-side predominant. Other people feel it all across the abdomen, and a minority of people feel it on the right side.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#6855 - 04/22/03 08:35 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

i get pain on my left side a lot, too. i get it all over, of course, too. but usually if ONE spot hurts, it's on my left side. i'm pretty sure it's my intestines, though, and not any "girl stuff" hope you find out what's going on...

beth

#6866 - 04/23/03 05:05 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Wow! Good luck with the ultrasound! I had an ovarian cyst on the right side, but it can be painful. Hopefully you are ok! I have many "girl" problems too, like missed cycles for months, etc. I know that IBS can be aggravated by these types of problems, so hopefully you can get it worked out> I am sorry that I don't have any advice; just a word of encouragement!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#6868 - 04/23/03 07:04 AM
Lea

Reged: 04/22/03
Loc: Edinburgh,Scotland

Have just been reading your email, i to suffer a sore left side which is constant, some days i cant even touch it, but its wierd you mentioning, time of the month, as i have not had a decent period for years, but i have had a scan which rulled out anything, so i must live with it!
Hope you find out whats going on. lea(new member)

#6870 - 04/23/03 07:23 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I am concerned that the left side pain is Diverticulosis (sp?) They say that it can mimic IBS...but I am not sure! You may want to get checked for that! Good luck and feel better!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Re: Left Side Pain- Lea new
      #6872 - 04/23/03 07:39 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi Lea and welcome to the boards! Our resident welcoming committee (Sharon -hey!) obviously hasn't yet logged on today so I'll do it for her!! I hope you find us a friendly lot, post any ideas/queries you have.

Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#6873 - 04/23/03 07:42 AM
Lea

I have never heard of Diverticulosis but i will ask my doctor or a different one (have just moved doctors so finding one that is good is not an easy task) Thanks lea

Re: Left Side Pain- Lea new
      #6874 - 04/23/03 07:45 AM
Lea

Thank you very much Sarah, this is all new to me but am enjoying it, its nice to know your not alone lea

#6877 - 04/23/03 07:56 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Lea - I'm late logging on, as Sarah said, so here goes...

Welcome, Lea, to our friendly IBS boards. You should find a wealth of information here, especially if you use the SEARCH button at the top. It will bring up previous strings on subjects you type in to search on (not very good English--sorry!) LOL

Did you see Heather's answer to left side pain in this string? I hope it helps. If you have further questions after reading all the posts on this string, please don't hesitate to post it. We're here to help you any way we can.

I hear Scotland is a beautiful country. Are you a native or a transplant?? Just curious. How many kids do you "nanny"?

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#7120 - 04/24/03 06:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Angela,

My doc told me it's gas! He said I feel hollow there on my left side and he explained to me that it's sever gas. Could that be the case for you too? Hope you feel well today!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#7156 - 04/25/03 05:14 AM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

Yes hon, I have left sided cramps most of the time and feel pressure there. I had an operation there when I was a baby to remove a hernia, I believe the doctors could of done something there to me and didn't realize it. Most of all my pain is in the lower left side where my scar from the surgery is. I am overweight as well so it has stretched over the years eek.

#7207 - 04/25/03 08:01 AM
annmarie

Reged: 03/31/03

I've been having pain in my right side when I wake up in the morning, but it's in my back. It's sharp pain but it seems to subside once I get up and urinate. Sometimes it spreads across my back and over to my left side. I also always feel like I have to urinate, but really don't need to. My doctor tested me for UTI and kidney stones, but that came back negative. Is this pain common for IBS? I have been feeling more bloated lately. Is it just the pressure from that?

#7240 - 04/25/03 09:52 AM
ConcreteAngel

annmarie, i get right sided pain too sometimes. I get left sided pain more, but on the rare occasion, i do get right pain. Who know whats causing it??

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#7286 - 04/25/03 11:16 AM
amybeth

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: New york

Oddly as im reading this ive been holding my left side! In fact, Im going to the dr. tomorrow to have it checked out - its been sore for a few weeks. I'll let you know what the dr. says.

#7292 - 04/25/03 11:44 AM
joylyn44

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Ohio

Heather~

I still have pain that is up higher on my left side by the rib cage. When I'm having a flare up, that is where the pain is. Sometimes it is also lower and across my lower abdomen, but always a dull achy pain by the rib cage, which goes away as the flare up subsides. I know this is probably not the usual location of the pain, but that is where mine always is. I've had so many tests run and all is okay.I'm still going to have a laproscopy done by my GYN, but just keep putting it off because when I had it scheduled a few months ago, I got real sick just from the enemas, so I had to cancel. My doctor told me next time I can just do clear liquids for a couple of days before the test. I do know from all the tests they did on me for my stomach pain that I have a fibrod tumor and two ovarian cysts, so I may have to have a hystorectomy.? He's not sure until he can see what's going on. I think that's why I keep putting it off.

Thanks for your books and these message boards. You're a wonderful person.

Joy

#7321 - 04/25/03 02:23 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I have found when I am gonna get an attack it starts with the slightest pain in my left side and it feels like I am ovulating. However, later in day, early evening it turns into some severe cramps, which I have learnt is IBS-C. (I must beginning to alternate). I find that as soon as I get them, I take a tylenol and sit down with my heating pad and using nip it in the bud so to speak! It really works.

You have to do it as soon as the pain starts, or else it can get so bad I can't even walk.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#8228 - 05/04/03 08:35 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I get pain on both my left and rights sides from time to time, but more generally just in the centre. It's probably not related to ovulation....

Well, let's hope not! -nt- new
      #8271 - 05/05/03 11:27 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3726 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4233

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review