All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Sesame yogurt, anyone? new
      #7577 - 04/27/03 12:41 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Oh - wow, interesting. My husband has that book - loves it. I'll have to check that section.

You can make horchata from seeds as well as nuts - I haven't tried that but I bet it's good!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

catz4lady RE: Heather: need help with soluble/insoluble new
      #7681 - 04/28/03 12:45 PM
jennifer

Reged: 04/22/03
Loc: Arcata, CA

I am not going off SCD at all - just looking for a way to manage my constipation within SCD and thought the insoluble/soluble fiber balance might be a clue. Also am trying eat less red meat, eggs, and fat in general and eat more fish and chicken breasts. Have laid off the yogurt for a while too. Maybe the IBS idea that fat and milk proteins can be a trigger contributes to my constipation. I am also trying acupuncture (am I varying too many things at once? - all this focus on my diet is kind of driving me crazy!) The only non-SCD thing I may do is try some psyllium, which in fact Elaine has said is okay in archived posts to the SCD list, as long as it is helpful. It is interesting to see how different SCD and the IBS diet are. Rather than being conflicting though, it is my suspicion that these bowel disorders can simply be the result of different mechanisms - which in that case the people espousing these diets need to be careful what they are promoting to whom. It will be interesting for you to try the IBS diet after SCD. What kind of problems are you still having? Also how do you know you have both IBD and IBS. I have been wondering if my UC is one thing and the constipation not necessarily related to the colitis amd maybe a form of IBS. Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3050

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review