All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What caused this?
      #67390 - 05/04/04 12:30 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Okay so my tummy's acting up and I want to know what you guys think caused it. Yesterday I had half a bagel, half a banana, a small baked potato with oregano and some salt on it with some applesauce, half a bagel before I had some of an Yves Thai Lemongrass Veggie Chicken bowl. I checked the ingredients and everything looked fine..I triple checked it..it saidit had lima beans in it but I didn't come across any..the only thing is that it was kind of spicy But it didn't really mess me up right away. I really started getting messed up today after my mid-am snack of animal crackers with half a banana. Before that for breakfast I had half a banana with half a bagel. Hmmmm. Also...I'm on antibiotics right now, so do you think that it could just be that and not what I am eating at all? Oh well..I was just wondering b/c mid-animal cracker I had to run to the bathroom and I don't think there's anything bad in animal crackers. Thanks for your suggestions. I took some Equalactin which has seemed to stabilized things, somewhat. (Thanks to Jen and Bevrs! )

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

My vote is the anti-biotics... new
      #67392 - 05/04/04 12:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

they can mess up your gut faster than just about anything, even if you don't already have IBS. But I'd also check the fat content in those animal crackers, just to be safe.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: My vote is the anti-biotics... new
      #67399 - 05/04/04 12:40 PM
tarabara04

Thanks Heather. There are 130 calories and 35 calories from fat in the animal crackers so I divided 35 by 130 and got .269 Is that too much fat? Hmmm. Well I think I'm going to stay away from them for now...at least while I'm on the antibiotics! Thanks for your help!

--------------------

#67405 - 05/04/04 12:53 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

That fat content looks okay. Just be extra careful till you're off the antibiotics - lots of soluble fiber and herbal teas, too. And take the drugs right in the middle of a meal - sometimes that helps.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#67479 - 05/04/04 03:09 PM
tarabara04

Thanks Heather! You're awesome! I'm drinking some ginger tea right now and then I'm going to have some fennel tea! And I'm keeping the heating pad close by! And yes...lots of soluble fiber...I'll try taking the medicine right in the middle of a soluble fiber meal. Thanks for your help!!!

--------------------

I feel your pain new
      #67484 - 05/04/04 03:55 PM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

it's hard when you have to take something and it upset your stomach. I hope your feeling better after trying some of Heather's tips! Are you? I haven't been on the board in so long b/c i've been depressed about my stomach and sometimes I just want nothing to do with this IBS krap (I get so angry and just want to eat anything b/c being careful doesn't help! ). but anyways like you I had to take some pills and for the past 5 days i've had horrible gas no matter what I eat! Did your problems go away? I take provera every month and my husband says he remembers me complaining last month too! I have had plain foods or at least careful about how I eat and no change. What do I do? it is so embarassing! I ihope you're done with your antibiotic and feeling better!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 695 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1177

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review