All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How to sweeten my tea....
      #62308 - 04/18/04 10:13 AM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

Ok, so I drink tea like a crazy person ALL DAY LONG. But I am trying to figure out how to sweeten it. I use Splenda, which I gotta stop using, because I know its killing me, and may a part of the reason I am severely bloated. Is this true? I tried Stevia and I think it tastes really wierd, and I am trying not to eat too much simple carbs like sugar and honey. Any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How to sweeten my tea.... new
      #62311 - 04/18/04 10:19 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Hi, try DiabetiSweet, it's for those who are diabetic, but it's great especially if your cutting out refine stuff.
www.diabeticproducts.com. Did I mention no bad stuff at all, and you can get it in brown sugar too, totally IBS safe!!
Sherri

Heather or others? new
      #62394 - 04/18/04 09:48 PM
Jules3

Is this diabetic sweetener unlike the other sweetners? I know that SPlenda, although made up from sugar, is considered an IBS no no and can (and probably is) making me bloated as an inner tube. I am wondering if the one Sherr suggested is different? ANy other suggestions. Thanks all!

Stevia new
      #62401 - 04/18/04 10:09 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Hi Jules,

I have no idea what Acesulfame-K is, the product Sherri recommended. Maybe she has more info on it.

I DO know that Stevia is safe. Do an internet search and one here on the boards to find out more. It comes in all forms...from powder to liquid to tablets. It has a different tast and one that takes a little getting use to.

--------------------

I don't know - do you have more info about it? new
      #62403 - 04/19/04 12:06 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

In general, if it's not a naturally occurring sweetener, odds are good it can cause GI upset. Stevia is the only no calorie option I know of. Other than that, either use small amounts of real sugar, honey, maple syrup, or just go unsweetened.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Stevia new
      #62923 - 04/20/04 09:16 AM
Jules3

Anyone found a brand of Stevia that they like? I tried a 100 percent stevia powder from Trader Joe's and I though it had a funny taste. Maybe I just need to get used to it. But if there's a good brand, I'd love to know about it and where to get it! Thanks

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 651

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review