All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I should have been an English major...
      #5986 - 04/13/03 04:41 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I find everyone's posts easier to read when everyone remembers to turn off the Caps Lock key (online, TYPING IN CAPITAL LETTERS IS THE EQUIVALENT OF SHOUTING AT SOMEONE). Also, if you just want to thank someone or agree with someone, and your entire message is conveyed in your subject line, please add "nt" to your subject line so we know we needn't open your message. Thanks. <stepping away from the grammatical soapbox now>

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I should have been an English major... new
      #5995 - 04/13/03 06:12 PM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

TessLouise,

I appreciate the lesson! I'm really new to message boards, and this one is the most "organized". I do have a tendency to use CAPS for emphasis - because I haven't figured out how to use UBBCode yet. (The time I tried it, to use color, bold, etc., it didn't work). Thanks for keeping us on our toes - hope you'll be patient with those of us who are tech-impaired!

Blessings,
Kaybee

Re: Thanks Tess - I didn't know what nt was! -nt- new
      #6059 - 04/14/03 01:26 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#6063 - 04/14/03 01:37 PM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

WOW. I didn't know we were being graded. I hope I don't mess this one up. I'm wondering if you could give people a break. Is it really that important if we use all caps or not? Hope I don't offend - just my opinion

websites on online etiquette new
      #6066 - 04/14/03 03:47 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

I apologize for the "snappy comeback" reply that was originally in this space. At KaybeeC's suggestion, here are some websites on online etiquette for those who are interested.

http://www.onlinenetiquette.com/shallwestart.html
http://www.gemstate.net/gemstate/netiquette.htm

Edited by TessLouise (04/15/03 01:34 AM)

Ouch! -NT- new
      #6072 - 04/14/03 05:12 PM
Yolanda

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: New Hampshire

All right, everybody play nice now! new
      #6074 - 04/14/03 05:21 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - You're not being graded! We just have a few posters who pretty much always type in all Caps and it does make it really hard to read their posts. After a while, I become reluctant to even read a post if I know it's in all Caps just because it's awfully hard on my eyes. And if I don't read a post, I miss the chance to reply and offer help.

So, everyone on the boards, cappers and all, is more than welcome to be here. We're just trying to make sure the posts are easily legible for everyone so folks can get the help they need.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#6097 - 04/15/03 12:57 AM
KaybeeC

Reged: 03/14/03
Loc: Ohio

TessLouise,

I really appreciate your thoughtful input on the board - and your generous sharing of recipes. But, was this last reply "tongue-in-cheek"? I hope so. Hope you continue to read our posts, because your input would be missed (and I didn't know you're a moderator - thanks again for your efforts). Is there a reference online somewhere about "message board etiquette and 'techie' tips" - like how to use the UBBCode? Maybe we offenders could benefit - and make your job easier. Have a great week!

Blessings,
Kaybee

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 992

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review