All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: For DivineDivaD new
      #288670 - 11/01/06 11:17 AM
DivineDivaD

Reged: 10/30/06
Loc: New Hampshire

Hi,
I'm actually excited about eating white bread again... it's just like you said - messing with my head, because of all the things I've read and have been doing. But I know I will enjoy eating white bread, white rice and white pasta again. I'm sure it is going to take some trial and error to figure it all out, but I'm glad to have some guidelines. The doctors never gave me this much information, they just gave me the bad news.

Thanks for writing! I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions in the months to come.

DDD

--------------------
IBS-C with chronic heartburn

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Good luck - let us know how it's going. -nt- new
      #288671 - 11/01/06 11:18 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: General info for Newbies! Welcome! new
      #302478 - 03/18/07 01:08 PM
jo514

Reged: 03/09/07

what can you tell me about all the wonderful things on the web about digesterol and digesterin? I have a hx of IBS that I had undercontol, but now after a stressful event, the IBS is back. All test normal except for a slight amylase elevation. The Dr has me on liberax, an antispasmotic and glycolax, which I had to stop. The BM were way to frequent and pencil thin. I am now using this sight to educate myself and the teas have helped. But the left sided pain is draining. I am mostly an IBS-C and started taking benefiber today. any feedback on the above would be appreciated. Does Anyone else get a weird sensation in their upper arms before an attack?
Thank you

#302514 - 03/18/07 08:50 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You should start a thread posing this question. You will get more feedback that way. You can also try doing a search on the boards for digesterol and digesterin.

#310224 - 06/30/07 09:13 PM
nanareth

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: Anchorage, AK

hi
this is my first post. I am being tested for IBS , I have diverticulitis and am diabetic with high blood pressure. I ordered the big kahuna kit. I have questions as to being diabetic and eating the ibs diet. can you help me? thanx, Nanareth

--------------------
NanaReth Anchorage,AK

Check here for a diabetes/IBS faq... new
      #310271 - 07/02/07 09:36 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#diabetes and there are also other posts on the boards about this.

Welcome!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Check here for a diabetes/IBS faq... new
      #310483 - 07/05/07 10:29 AM
nanareth

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: Anchorage, AK

I am diabetic and IBS-D can I use Postum? in place of coffee?
Thanks,
Nanareth

--------------------
NanaReth Anchorage,AK

#312834 - 08/08/07 05:26 PM
barbara t

Reged: 08/08/07

hi everyone, i am new to the posts but have been on this site before.Been checking out the Brand Name Rec's for IBS safe foods. Bit of info that may or may not effect you. 8th Continent and Silk contain an ingredient, Carrageenan, it is a seaweed extract, used as a thickening agent in many foods and has demonstrated intestinal inflammation in animal studies.If you notice problems you may want to avoid this ingredient. It is in many foods so read your labels.

#315414 - 09/21/07 09:09 PM
Leann

Reged: 09/18/07

Hi, I am Leann and new to the board. I have IBS-A, GERD, Lupis, RSL and Fibromyalgia..... Can anyone say "train wreck"?

I am so confused and really scared, I can't seem to get stabilized and all the dr's want to do is change my medication. They sent me to a nutritionist and after reading about the foods I shouldn't be eating I realized that almost everything was wrong!

I'm not one to reach out and talk to people I don't know, I'm kinda shy, but I feel so alone and I really don't know where else to turn. My friends and family just don't get it.....

I guess I'm hoping to find "HOPE" and for someome to say "it gets better"..

Wel, that's it for now, thanks for listening,

Leann

#315424 - 09/22/07 10:15 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

Hi welcome to the board, I know it's all really scary, but congratulations for taking the steps to take controle of what's happening to you. I can honestly say it does get better. It will take time, but it can become easier. I am not perfectly stable, been on the diet two years, but I am very close, and alot of the pain and misery is gone. Once your on the diet awhile you realize that with some creativity, and staying in the guidlines, that there is tons of stuff to eat. I wish you luck, and know we are all here together. Like my grandad always says, there are no strangers in foxholes! welcome!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
1 registered and 2130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 150596

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review