All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Super Seed - Fiber
      #51167 - 03/16/04 11:18 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Ok, I am officially starting on the fiber. I'm hoping after some time this will help with my bloating, gas, and soft stool. Has anyone tried "Super Seed" fiber? It is by Garden of Life and the ingredients are all safe. NO wheat, lactose, psyllium, etc.

Also, I got a box of the Stevia sugar packets and mixed a little in my herbal tea. It tastes pretty good to me! It's a good alternative to Splenda. Yippy!

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Edited by Bethany (03/16/04 11:49 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Just make sure it's all soluble fiber, no insoluble. -nt- new
      #51211 - 03/16/04 12:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Super seed ingredients - safe? new
      #51225 - 03/16/04 01:59 PM
Bethany

Heather, it doesn't seem to break out the fiber by soluble and insoluble. Let me know if any of these ingredients are insoluble.

Flax seed meal
Whole Chia seed
flax, sunflower, sesame, pumpkin seeds, adzuki beans, millet, sprouted quino, garbanzo beans, buckwheat, sprouted amaranth, red lentils and kidney beans.
Organic cinnamon
Stevia
Probiotic blend

Thanks!!!

--------------------

I would be very careful with this... new
      #51232 - 03/16/04 02:20 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

it sounds like it's way more insoluble fiber than soluble. I definitely would not use this as my soluble fiber supplement, and I wouldn't take it on an empty stomach at all.

Flax seed is about 50/50 soluble/insoluble. The other seeds, lentils, and beans in there will have a good amount of insoluble fiber as well. You may be able to add tiny amounts of this to something like cream of rice cereal to boost your insoluble fiber intake, but you definitely need a soluble fiber supplement that is separate from this.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Bummer new
      #51233 - 03/16/04 02:25 PM
Bethany

Bummer, and I thought I had looked into it pretty well. I guess I didn't really look closely at the ingredients. Most of them are high in insoluble fiber! Yikes!

The lady at the store was introducing me to several kinds, and I got to the point were I just picked up the one that sounded the most healthy. Thanks for the warning!!

I think I'll take it back and start with the Benefiber or something.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 659

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review