All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
re: Question for "C" people
      #48061 - 03/04/04 05:57 PM
zingirl

Reged: 01/03/04
Loc: Northern CA

Hello, I don't post often, but i feel I need to ask a question. Lately, for the past week or so, when I lay down and feel around my stomach and intestine region, I feel stool all the way over on the left side and high up. It's been like this for over a week. I'm getting worried. Even though I "go" to the bathroom every day, there is still alot in there. My question is "what should I do?" I'm trying my darndest to get as much insoluble fiber that I can. Last night I had some roasted red potatoes with the skin on, a piece of rye toast with tuna, and 4 little roasted asparagus pieces. My stomach bothered me until I went to sleep. I'm afraid that I might have a blockage or something. Has anyone had this happen before and what have you done? Any thoughts at all? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I also take arcacia 3x a day. 1 T. at a time spread out in the morning, afternoon and dinner times.

Thank you so much!
zingirl

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: re: Question for "C" people new
      #48273 - 03/05/04 11:51 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Check the yoga section of this site for poses that can help you, and check the yoga board for some posts about self-massage for constipation. That might really help get things moving...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#48325 - 03/05/04 01:55 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Exercise and water! I have been constipated for about 17 years (no wonder I'm grumpy! ) anyway, when I get stool "stuck" I really up my water intake because once stool has been lodged in your colon a while it dries up and is harder to pass and the exercise will help move it down!

So fill up a water jug and go for a long brisk walk! Feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#48346 - 03/05/04 03:09 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

I'm no doctor, but I think if you have an intestinal blockage, you'd be throwing up all over the place and be really sick and you'd know it. It happened to one of my friends and there was no doubt about the fact that she had one!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 375 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2379

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review