All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Welcome! new
      #47980 - 03/04/04 12:29 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Nah... because we'll be asking questions right alongside you! IBS is a continual learning experience.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Seahawk's Bride new
      #47982 - 03/04/04 12:31 PM
Seahawk

Reged: 03/03/04
Loc: Las Vegas, NV

Hey, now, you are going to make me blush.
I love my wife very much; and I believe that it is my duty as her husband to make sure that she is as happy as she can be. I know that my new illness can be stressful to her as well; and I want to make sure that she knows just how much I appreciate her being with me.

Heck, without her incredible baking skills, I am certain that I would starve to death...

--------------------
-Seahawk

Re: Welcome! new
      #47983 - 03/04/04 12:33 PM
Seahawk

Reged: 03/03/04
Loc: Las Vegas, NV

That it is!

We seem to have so many questions; and each one of us responds so differently to treatment. It can be very difficult; but I try my best to remain as positive as I can...

--------------------
-Seahawk

Or make with soy milk or rice milk - nice and creamy! -nt- new
      #47986 - 03/04/04 12:46 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Newbie. Recently-diagnosed. Need some advice! Help! new
      #48025 - 03/04/04 03:26 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

*For the soluble fiber powders (Acacia Tummy Fiber, Citrucel, Benefiber)
Start at 1 teaspoon twice a day and over the next week or two (or three or four) work up to 2 tablespoons twice a day, or the equivalent of 10-12 grams of soluble fiber supplement per day.

from web page

You can work up to 2 tablespoons 2x a day, so you may want to try adding some more Benefiber in. Maybe that could help?

When you list "Fennel" in your menu, does that mean fennel tea? If so, you can add a smaller dose of Benefiber to your fennel you have listed right after lunch.

Or it could even be Benefiber just doesn't do if for you. It didn't work for me - but it does work for a lot of other people. The fiber supplements are such a personal thing - there's no set rhyme or reason that if it works for one person, it will work for another. Hopefully, when you get the acacia, it will work for you.

As for the hypno - it can't hurt. The worst that could happen is it just doesn't work at all for you. I think it could help with your urgency though, because it helped me. I still remember last year when I was turning the corner onto the road my work is on, having the I-gotta-go-NOW feeling, and as I was turning, I did some of the hypno imagery and it worked! It was so neat! I'll never forget that.

Re: Seahawk new
      #48031 - 03/04/04 03:35 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Speaking of hearing of "poop" I was recently at a friends house and another woman there asked me what was wrong, knew I had an eating problem, and when I told her she also had IBS. This led is into an in depth conversation which we tried to keep to ourselves but I could tell others heard it and finally someone said "I think I've heard more than I really want to hear" which of course embarrassed me. I can understand people not wanting to hear about "poor" but hey, it's part of our lives. You can do all the poop talk you want here which is a relief.

Potato soup suggestion new
      #48038 - 03/04/04 04:05 PM
Kree

Seahawk, if you like potato soup you should try The BEST Baked Potato Soup Ever. I didn't name it, but whoever did knew what they were talking about.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

I'm not Seahawk, but oh my gosh, I love the look of that soup!! new
      #48073 - 03/04/04 06:11 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Kree,
Thanks for the soup recipe. I can't wait to try it. I love potatoes and I love soup. Heck, I think I love food. It didn't love me very much, but with this new IBS way of eating, it's starting to like me back! Weight likes me though, it just keeps hanging onto me and won't let go! haha
Thanks,
Terri

To Crampgirl new
      #48077 - 03/04/04 06:23 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I know just what you mean about being able to talk about "poop" or ANYTHING at all. This is the only place where I can really "let loose" and say what I want without worrying about it. It really does feel good to know that we can talk like this without fear, doesn't it? I've slipped up too many times, and tried to talk about it only to meet with stares and glares and "ew, that's gross." (That's from my children and son-in-law). Sometimes they bait me into talking about it, under a pretense of concern, and then they'll all look at each other and laugh because I took the bait so quick.
Mean little things, aren't they?
My kids even have nicknames for me.
Anybody else get picked on?
Terri

I hear ya... new
      #48088 - 03/04/04 07:18 PM
Kree

I understand about liking food but not having a reciprocal relationship, lol. Like you, though, food and I get along a lot better most of the time when I follow the diet. I still get extremely excited when I find a good recipe or eat something delicious. My mother once told me she thought we must have overactive taste buds and that was why we enjoyed food so much. Sometimes I still wonder if that's the case. I was so relieved when I realized that IBS safe food could still be so darn GOOD!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1775 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review