All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Reply for Ruchie new
      #47688 - 03/03/04 07:55 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Ruchie,
I feel for you also. I really, really do! It gets so tiresome, doesn't it? I told myself yesterday that I was just going to give up on this respiratory stuff and just try to pretend that it doesn't exist and that I'm normal. But, it wasn't long before I was in my medicine cabinet and kitchen pantry; searching and looking for ANYTHING that might help. I found the salt and some saline nasal spray. I just also finished a bottle of steroid nasal spray, but it didn't help me at all.
Well, Ruchie, I hope the prednisone and antibiotic brings you the help you need. Keep fighting and let us know how you're doing. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you as well!!
Terri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Link between IBS, chronic fatigue syndromes, and sinusitis new
      #47788 - 03/03/04 04:43 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hi Ruchie hope your feeling a little better today!? In the past 2 years I have developed sinusits as well. Just started my 4 time with dealing with it. Started at the beginning of Feb. Started using Tylenol Sinus Day/Night tablets and using Afrin nasal spray. Used both of these (couldn't get into Dr.)until last Friday when I finally seen my Dr. He put me back on Nasonex,nasal spray. He told me if this didn't work to go back and he would get me an antibiotic,which he doesn't like to prescribe! Anyways with the nasonex and taking tylenol sinus I seem to be getting better. I hold a warm cloth over my face so it loosens up everything. And I find the steam from the shower helps. Sometimes I boil water and put in a bowl then put a towel over my head and steam my face and this loosens up everything as well.I don't own a facial spa. Try this it may loosen up things!! Ever since I started IBS I definitely found out that my body takes in every virus going around and takes longer to get rid of it. I just try and eat healthy and nourishing foods and wash my hands a whole lot more. Take care of yourself. Sue ps how are the hem. doing. Have the gone away?

This is terrific! You should really be proud of yourself. -nt- new
      #47791 - 03/03/04 04:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

suzyq new
      #47907 - 03/04/04 10:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

suzyq,

Wow! It sounds like you have a GREAT doc! Mine is medicine happy Mind if I share your doc?

I take steam and a vaporizer, I use heat, the works. And now I'm on tons of strong meds. If this doesn't work, G-d forbid, I have to go in for surgery. But, I guess as long as I feel better...that's the main thing!

I hope all of these things help your infection to cease. PLEASE let me know if it does!!

Take care!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Heather Fraser new
      #47909 - 03/04/04 10:20 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow! GOOD FOR YOU! It sounds like all your hard work is paying off! I'm so thrilled that you're feeling better!

Thanks so much for your post and for caring...I'll keep you posted!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: fibro, CFS, IBS, sinuses... what a party! new
      #47913 - 03/04/04 10:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Jen,

You have a great sense of humor!

I am doing a bit better...thanks so much!

So you have CFS? How does it manifest itself? I give you a LOT of credit dealing with CFS AND IBS to boot! And you have such a great outlook...you should be proud!

Thanks SO MUCH for the well wishes...I'll let you know how I'm doing!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

crampgirl...I agree bout' those clueless docs... new
      #47917 - 03/04/04 10:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hi there! I LOVE your name! I can also relate...

Doctors. They really don't have a clue most of the time. They just dole out meds...or tell you it's in your head...because they don't have the answers.

I am SO SORRY you had to suffer! I'm right there with you! They are considering sinus surgery if the meds I'm on don't help...but they on't even know WHY I'm so sick or the CAUSE of all my infections! It's VERY FRUSTRATING! (Did they discover the cause of your sinusitis?)
Which antibiotics did they give you?

I hope you're doing better now...

Thanks for posting!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Linz, you're so sweet new
      #47918 - 03/04/04 10:31 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks for your caring post! So you had sinusitis too? Do they know what caused it? Are you over it now? How do you get tested for Fibro? (Have you been tested...I seem to recall you mentioning this in post a while back?)

How's everything else with you? Wedding plans? Job?

Thanks again Linz...

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Reply for Ruchie new
      #47920 - 03/04/04 10:33 AM
Snow for Sarala

Teecee,

It is SO TIRING! I couldn't agree more! I've been down "denial road" myself...but I, like you, don't get too far.

How's your daughter coping? Has she found any relief?

We're praying for you too Teecee! Thanks for being so sweet! Btw, are you getting your IBS under control?

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ibs and antibiotics...for Kelly new
      #47922 - 03/04/04 10:36 AM
Snow for Sarala

There's TOTALY a link!

I was on antibiotics as a babe for chronic ear infections. I got IBS when I was 5 (or younger!) Sinsus probs started a few years later. What docs don't consider enough is the adverse effects these meds have on our guts!

The good news is...we have HEATHER!

I hope you're doing better...do you still get sinusitis a lot? Do they know the cause?

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21864

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review