XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: south beach diet new
      #144691 - 01/31/05 06:16 AM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

What is the dfference between sorbate and sorbital, I hope there is a big difference,,

Re: Eat carbs! new
      #144692 - 01/31/05 06:19 AM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

I love to eat there. What do you recommend for someone wanting to gain weigh to eat there, and not upset ibs?

I lost it because I was careful.. but I gained briefly too.. new
      #144737 - 01/31/05 07:35 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

this diet is good because its adjustable.. your eating choices will make you either gain or lose... not the diet itself, but this has the play and give within it to be healthy for all of us, no matter which we are trying to do and to still make us feel full at the end of the day.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Eat carbs! new
      #144899 - 01/31/05 12:15 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hmm--thats a hard decision--i would rule out the pastries bc of the dairy in them. try rearranging the sandwiches and eliminating the mayo and cheese and change the breads to either sourdough or french. i think the french *might* be made with eggs so BE CAREFUL! also soups in the sourdough breadbowl could be good..since its sourdough. try the garden-veggie soup or the black bean. i hope that helps alittle!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Please read the sticky post at the top of this board about carbs. -nt- new
      #144966 - 01/31/05 03:15 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Carbs? My opinion ... new
      #144989 - 01/31/05 04:10 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

the media has hyped it up beyond belief! Anything to make a buck, watch the commericals they play in between the stories and tell me who has been paying for the air time? If you want proof take a look at the latest Prevention or Organic Style or any Rodale magazine and you will see an ad for South Beach Diet book, why, because they are the publishers. Speaking of funny commericals I always have to laugh at the diet ones they run on the food network, how stupid is that! One other thing as my husband and I were watching the tsnaumi coverage I noticed relief workers were unloading bags and bags of rice! More than half the world's population can not be wrong when they base their meals on rice, pasta and (real, not Wonder) breads

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: south beach diet new
      #221460 - 10/26/05 12:53 PM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

Pescado, so what did you do? did you try to do South Beach again, just including healthy carbs instead of eliminating all? I'm glad I saw this because I'm currently dealing with this problem. I did South Beach for a while but my IBS got really bad and now I understand why after reading abt the importance of soluble fiber. But I really want to do SBD because I did lose wight and found that I was very noticably less hungry after cutting out carbs. But, its obviously not worth it if I'm gonna feel as badly as I did while on the diet. I know people say one will probably lose weight on Heather's diet for IBS, but I've already been eating low fat, good carbs (and recently have cut out sweets) for most of my life and still havent been able to lose the weight I want. So I'm just trying to figure out how to eat in a way that will help my IBS but won't be carb loading either (or simply a way that won't interfere with my attempt to lose some weight). Any suggestions would be geatly appreciated- thanks!

Suggestion new
      #221470 - 10/26/05 01:07 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have you tried a GI (Glycaemic Index) diet before? As you have issues with being more hungry with carbs, that could be the answer for you. It's def. possible to do that with the IBS diet - you just have to work out what SF foods have a better GI rating.

Re: Suggestion new
      #221502 - 10/26/05 04:42 PM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

Linz, that's a good idea. I didnt know though that there was a Glycemic Index diet other than South Beach- does it have a name/do you know of one in particular? I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 782 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 29511

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review