All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Zelnorm info... new
      #46773 - 02/26/04 03:46 PM
BetsyZG

Reged: 01/19/04
Loc: Virginia

Sorry! It descriminates! It is only indicated for women but that is probably because they only included women in the clinical trials. (Our fda is very picky about that...)That is my guess... I would not be surprised if your doc gives it to you though. I would guess it would be perfectly fine for men. It supposedly works on seretonin receptors inthe lower GI.and some. Certainly we would be the same with that. The peppermint supplements I read about would actually pass through the stomach and probably upper GI intact....no pepp. would be released. So it would likely not effect your GERD (my dad has that...he even tilts his bed up) I am not into tea tastes...I have had peppermint tea and I didn't care for it. Ask your doc about Gas X too...although I have found it takes a while to work (sometimes I think the pains can be severe gas) Hang in there...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Zelnorm has not been shown to be safe or even effective for men... new
      #46838 - 02/26/04 07:36 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

there's full info here Zelnorm

And do consider peppermint oil capsules if you can't drink peppermint tea. They're a terrific anti-spasmodic and pain killer - check info here Peppermint Caps

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Zelnorm has not been shown to be safe or even effective for men... new
      #46916 - 02/27/04 09:32 AM
Jerryn

Reged: 02/22/04
Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Thanks Heather. I really think I'll try those peppermint capsules. I am soooo tired of taking prescription drugs. The Dicetel does not seem to be working like it should.

Re: Zelnorm info... new
      #46921 - 02/27/04 09:39 AM
Jerryn

Reged: 02/22/04
Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Quote:

The peppermint supplements I read about would actually pass through the stomach and probably upper GI intact....no pepp. would be released. So it would likely not effect your GERD (my dad has that...he even tilts his bed up) Ask your doc about Gas X too...(sometimes I think the pains can be severe gas) Hang in there...

Thanks for the info. I am looking into the peppermint capsules. About the Gerd, been there with the tilted bed, all the PPI meds, endoscopes, sleeping in my laziboy, heated magic bags to the chest, and the nissen wrap surgery for GERD. Lived on the Gas X for a few weeks too. Just need to get this IBS under control. I love this board!! Very helpful and quick responses. Thanks!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 636 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2729

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review