All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! Parasites!
      #45831 - 02/19/04 11:59 PM
Claire

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Paris, France

I have just had the results of a stool test and the result has come back with the discovery of a parasite. It is called Blastocystis Hominis and apparently it is VERY difficult to get rid of. I think some discussion has already taken place about this on the message board but I was wondering if anyone else out there has had parasites detected and how they have coped. I have been given anti-parasytic herbs and been told to stay well clear of sugars and most carbohydrates which the little devils live off.
This means no soluble fibre so I'm wondering what I should do.
Any ideas?

Claire

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! Parasites! new
      #45861 - 02/20/04 08:58 AM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I had a parasite, don't know what kind sorry, and my naturopath gave a parasite killer that worked really well. As for the soluble fibre, I think Heather's acacia fibre might still be ok.

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Re: Help! Parasites! new
      #45909 - 02/20/04 01:49 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Claire - do a search and see if there are past posts on parasites. I can't actually remember if this has come up in detail before or not, but it might have.

You could (and should) definitely take a plain soluble fiber supplement with no sugar added. Acacia or Benefiber would fit the bill. They have NO calories, even though the FDA labels will give a carb count. Fiber is technically considered a carbohydrate, but your body does not digest it, so it has no calories. This is true for both soluble and insoluble fiber, actually.

Please let us know how things go.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1726 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 644

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review