Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Question about Acacia for Heather
      #45598 - 02/18/04 06:00 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

Hi
Is Acacia fiber sold in Canada?
Also can someone live with IBS and never get it under control even if they are doing everything they can to get it under control like drinking the right tea, listening to the hypnotherapy, etc. ?
Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about Acacia for Heather new
      #45695 - 02/19/04 11:09 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Angel - As far as I know Acacia isn't sold in any Canadian (or US) stores.

I actually don't think I've heard from anyone who has tried everything possible for managing their symptoms but has still seen zero improvements. I'd hang in there with the hypnosis program and do a second or even third round if you've finished the first.

Hugs,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#45749 - 02/19/04 02:42 PM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Hi Angel,

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't having any luck with this. Have you tried probiotics? I've had great success with Primal Defense. I was suffering with pretty severe D but it's helped a lot. I still have to watch what I eat and so on but I can feel much more confident about going out. Here's their web page web page

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

#45803 - 02/19/04 06:25 PM
till

I've been taking probiotics for months and I'm doing everything I can to control my severe IBS but it's still so severe. I can't even work, which is an absolute horrible nightmare.

#45807 - 02/19/04 07:09 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi Angel,

I have to say that I've seen you on the boards for a about a year now, and I've never seen anything help you. Nothing. Unless I'm missing something, and please let me know if I am.

Anyway, I wonder - are you sure, I mean absolutely, positively, without a doubt SURE you have IBS? And, the reason I ask, is because what if it's something else? Did the doctors tell you that you have IBS? And if so, what if they're wrong? It does happen. People do get misdiagnosed with IBS. What if all this time you were misdiagnosed and it's really something else - and there's something to help whatever it is you really do have?

I've debated whether to post this. I'm worried I'll upset or offend you, and that's not my intention at all. I just hate to see you suffer so much for so long. It just makes me wonder if you could be properly treated for what you really have IF it isn't IBS.

But, if it is IBS, then I hope you eventually find something that gives you some relief.

#45862 - 02/20/04 09:00 AM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I was at that point too. It could be the type of probiotic. You need the ones with live cells. Some of them die if not stored properly. I've been using Primal Defense (it's quite expensive though) and it's worked wonders. I've heard at the local health food store that this product has worked for people where nothing else has. And it's working great for me! I'm excited about it.

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

#45945 - 02/20/04 06:20 PM
till

I really do have IBS. It's severe so it's way different than mild or moderate. Everything I'm doing for my IBS which is everything possible, does help but not a whole lot. You didn't offend me. People keep asking me if I'm sure I have IBS so I'm used to the question. It's rare to have severe IBS, I'm one of the few sadly.

#45946 - 02/20/04 06:23 PM
till

My probiotic has live cells. It costs so much too. It's properly stored in the fridge.

#45957 - 02/21/04 05:15 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

I really do have IBS. It's severe so it's way different than mild or moderate. Everything I'm doing for my IBS which is everything possible, does help but not a whole lot. You didn't offend me. People keep asking me if I'm sure I have IBS so I'm used to the question. It's rare to have severe IBS, I'm one of the few sadly.

Oh good - I'm SO glad I didn't offend you!

How did you learn about the really severe IBS anyway? Is there a website or a reference or anything I could find out more about it?

Have you ever tried caraway (or anyone else here for that matter)? I just read about it in my First magazine the other day. I was going to post about it, but did a search and realized Heather references it on her website already. I don't remember anyone else ever really talking about it - I always see fennel.

Anyway, in First is said "A German study found that the oil of caraway has carminative (gas-relieving) properties that ease bloat and stomach discomfort. To relieve bloat: Add 1 tsp. caraway seed to omelettes, coleslaw, cheese spreads, and baked fruits. For more immedieate relief, researchers found that a combination of caraway and peppermint oils is comparable to prescription medication."

Well, obviously you couldn't use it for cheese spreads or I wouldn't even think coleslaw. But, maybe an egg-white omelette and a cup of peppermint tea - that could be like combining maybe like they suggest? Here's Heather's info on caraway: web page

Let me know if you try (or have tried it). I'm curious if it helps.

How is the hypno going for you anyway? How far along are you now. I just started doing the CD's again for the second time.

How's your kitty doing anyway? Haven't heard you mention him in awhile.

#46234 - 02/23/04 05:32 PM
till

I read about caraway too. I read First magazine too. I wish I could buy it but it costs so much here. It's over 5 dollars for a small bottle. It's not sold in bulk here. If I could get them I'd eat them and make tea. I wouldn't have them with egg whites since I'm a vegan. I eat fennel seeds for my gas and they are so bitter I can barely eat them. I also make tea with them. I read on a website about IBS that 70% of people have mild, 25% moderate and 5% have severe. I forgot what website it was though. I started my tapes for the the second this year on Feb.14 My cat is great. It's a girl by the way. She jumps on my bed in the morning and licks my face non stop. lol. She loves to play with her toys. She jumps so high. She actually has done summersaults in the living room. She's one of the few things that brings joy in my life.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1525 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2716

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review