All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Butter Buds
      #452 - 02/05/03 09:31 PM
mariwel

Reged: 01/25/03

This is my first post, and I'm not quite sure which board to post this to. I've just discovered a product called Butter Buds, and the label describes it as "Natural Butter Flavor Granules" . The ingredients are: maltodextrin, natural butter flavor, dried butter, salt, guar gum, and baking soda. It is a powder, and has 0 grams of fat per serving (1 tsp.) Do any of you have experience using it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Butter Buds new
      #474 - 02/06/03 12:56 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi there - I've tried Butter Buds and while they didn't bother my IBS, I also didn't like the taste. They do have dairy in them, and as a rule avoiding dairy altogether is a good idea. Lots of folks with IBS are sensitive to the lactose, casein, and whey in dairy, not just the fat. However, you may find that that you're okay with small quantities of non-fat dairy, especially when combined with soluble fiber foods. This is how the Butter Buds would be used, actually.

Try them and see how you do, and how you think they taste. Let us know!

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#579 - 02/08/03 01:40 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Mariwel - I have Butter Buds in my cabinet, but so far I haven't use it. I tend to like I can't Believe it's Butter Spray. I use it on potatoes, vegies, rice, etc. It really does taste like butter.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#593 - 02/08/03 05:38 PM
mariwel

Reged: 01/25/03

Heather and Sharon-- Thank you for the info' , and especially about the I Can't Believe It's Butter spray. When you've been so used to a glob of butter on your baked potato, it's really a treat to still be able to have a buttery taste.

I'm working on a recipe for a blender rice pudding, and it would be nice to have a little butter flavor in that, as well.

Marilee

#621 - 02/10/03 08:12 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

M - I'm sorry == I have tried butter buds, but only for cooking; i.e. when a baking recipe calls butter or margerine, I dissolve it per directions and use it instead. Everything comes out just fine. But, I still like the butter spray on veggies, potatoes, etc.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3661

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review