All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I made it to Mexico and back!
      #42761 - 02/03/04 06:10 AM
Ang

Reged: 09/22/03

Just wanted to say thanks to Heather and everyone else for their help. I had an amazing vacation to Cancun this past week! While I was down there I had to basically stick to rice and bread, but there were no major attacks and I was able to enjoy myself! I can't wait to go somewhere next year!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I made it to Mexico and back! new
      #42762 - 02/03/04 06:19 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

So glad you had a good time and no major attacks!! So where too next time? Take care Sue

#42767 - 02/03/04 06:56 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ang, that's so exciting. Congrats on having a wonderful vacation! I've often worried about traveling to other countries now that I have IBS, so it's reassuring to hear that it can be done!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Congrats! This is terrific! Now, where to next year? -nt- new
      #42805 - 02/03/04 11:10 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

And can we come along? -nt- new
      #42828 - 02/03/04 01:02 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#42836 - 02/03/04 01:27 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

how did u do it?? i went to cancun last summer with my family and it was almost impossible to find plain ANYTHING! even the rice got me sick becuase they put oil in it.

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

#42877 - 02/03/04 03:24 PM
masayo

Reged: 01/17/04
Loc: mexico

Congrats! I am so glad you had a good time. It feels so good to be able to do things that you love. I live in Mexico now and it was a struggle,IBS and Stress Wise, and once I was doing it, moving and flying with some ease, and live in another country and making it.....it tells you and others that there is relief and you can enjoy the simple things in life. Im so happy for you.
Maybe next will be Jamaica or Hawaii....I went and loved it!
Michelle

#42878 - 02/03/04 03:29 PM
masayo

Well, im the first to know about weird food living in mexico now as apposed to calif. and my mother is japanese so we had rice and fish and most simple easlily digestable foods..anyway...the thing to do is to tell them what you dont want or want...especially in mexico, they do substitutions at your desire for the most part. I have to do it all the time at the resorts or hotels.
Hope you can go back and enjoy it with less tummy problems.
michelle.

Wow!!! that really gives me a lot of hope!!! new
      #42894 - 02/03/04 05:10 PM
Chantale

Reged: 01/18/04
Loc: Québec, Canada

--------------------

Chantale

Re: Next time I'll take all of you! new
      #42902 - 02/03/04 05:50 PM
Ang

Reged: 09/22/03

Hmm... next time Hawaii??

About the food.. it was hard to find something I could eat. I made sure to take 2 of Heather's peppermint capsules each day, which helped alot. And then I just had to try to explain to the waiters that I needed certain food.

Michelle, how do you like living in Mexico?? Our tour guide told us that they have a big need for teachers and since that is what I went to school for, I am thinking about looking into it. But I was worried that with IBS it would be hard to find the right foods and clean water on a permanent basis.

Re: Next time I'll take all of you! new
      #43033 - 02/04/04 11:08 AM
masayo

It´s okay. The weather is great! Sometimes too hot but I love tropical weather.
As far as the food that we need, it is difficult to find things here. I cook at home all the time. They have great seafood here where I am. They do have large chain grocery stores, like Walmart Supercenter and HEB which is a TX food store, so I can find some things from the US.. but very hard. The water...we buy bottle water..5 gallon sizes..4 five gallon is about $6.80 USD so its inexpensive. As for washing veggies/fruits, we use a formula that you drop a few drops of it in the water and it cleans it and you are ready to soak or wash the veggies. It has iodine in it I think. But it is made for cleaning the water for safe intake.
So in other words..you have to really try hard to try to find certain products/brands here. But I manage.
Would love to have a new friend in Mexico.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 756 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1999

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review