All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Emergency Heather!!!
      #42605 - 02/02/04 10:43 AM

Unregistered

Hi Heather

I don't know if you get Canadian Living in the states but they put out an article in the Feb issue called "When eating hurts". It's about IBS and in the article it says that people with IBS should eat insoluable fiber!!!! I thought I was going to have a heart attack and i'm only 27.

At the bottom of the article it says how you can go to their web site and get a couple of recepies of yours. It also says that you can check out yours and other books on IBS and how to deal with it.

I'm going to e-mail them myself but I thought that I should let you know. I feel so horrible that anyone with IBS might try what they are saying and we all know what will happen!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Emergency Heather!!! new
      #42608 - 02/02/04 11:00 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Thanks Robyn. I've seen the article, and what can I say? Canadian Living contacted me over a year ago for info for their article, and then I just never heard from them again. Next thing I knew, a Canadian reader emails me to say that their article had come out with a supposed focus on eating safely for IBS, but they didn't use any of my info. They sent folks to their website instead, where they had excerpted (without my knowledge or permission) several recipe from Eating from IBS. I was, to say the least, a tad upset. I wrote the editor, who immediately wrote back and apologized for the unauthorized web postings, and she added a link to this site for folks who wanted to follow up. There wasn't really anything I could say to her about the magazine article itself, as it was already out on the rack.

Ah well...

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Heather new
      #42612 - 02/02/04 11:17 AM

Unregistered

Well... Luckily it doesn't say that it is quoting you!

I did send an e-mail trying to correct them in the info they wrote and suggested that they try to contact you at your message board (it's the only way I know how myself!).

It was great though that it did say that your books would be good for doing more research and recommended your recepies. I would think that it should help raise you book sale even more and god knows that people with IBS need help. I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am to have help. I didn't trust what my doctor's were telling me to eat.

To praise you some more i'm working with aids and hep c patients at the moment and was just helping one of the patients with a better diet because of sickness with the bowel. I've also quoted your books to friends, family, and now even people who tell friends and family about bowel problems. They contact me and I tell them all about you and your diet and send them to your board. Though alot of people are very shy about bowel problems.

Something to add about something else... my mom and I went out to her favourite place to eat and they usually serve grains and stuff but they were super nice and adjusted the meal to meal (plus my mom sends them alot of business) but I had monk fish and tried some grilled tuna. I was so happy with the great food plus I pretended that the tuna was steak because they grill it. Yummy. More things we can eat and love!!!!

Thank you Robyn!! -nt- new
      #42619 - 02/02/04 11:48 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 812

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review