All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
wheat.........HELP me understand it all!
      #42463 - 02/01/04 11:27 AM
tanyak

Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Knoxville, TN

Hello eveyone! HELP! I know that wheat is a trigger for me! So, when I read about wheat it looks like it is in everythiing. I know wheat flour is actually white......but is duram, spelt, unbleached wheat flour, bleached wheat flour, all that! What can I have....by the way, I am NO baker! Can you tell? ha.... :grin: [color:green] [/color]

--------------------
TANYA

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wheat.........HELP me understand it all! new
      #42471 - 02/01/04 11:53 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Tanya, there are some others here who can't have wheat, so hopefully they can offer you some suggestions. I know Kandee is an expert in using potato starch and all kinds of neat products!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#42477 - 02/01/04 12:35 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

All the flours you listed are wheat. The spelt is an old world grain, some people allergic to wheat can eat spelt, but it is still full of gluten. Is your problem gluten or wheat?

#42478 - 02/01/04 12:41 PM
tanyak

You tell me! I know that if I eat whole wheat bread, bad news. Whole wheat bagels bad news. French bread great, white looking bread period/past, fine........what am I sensitive too?????? I really don't understand my stomach!

--------------------
TANYA

Okay, take a deep breath! new
      #42479 - 02/01/04 12:48 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ohhh, okay. It sounds like you're in the same boat as most of us, and that it's just whole grain wheat you're having problems with. In other words, refined flours like white flour should be fine for you, because they don't contain the outer part of the wheat, which is what contains the insoluble fiber and gives us IBSers big issues. So that means that french bread, sourdough bread, italian bread, etc. should be okay for you. You'll just want to avoid anything containing whole wheat, like wheat breads. Does that make sense?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

This should help! new
      #42491 - 02/01/04 02:09 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Since you do just fine with white breads, but have trouble with whole wheat, the problem isn't with wheat but with the insoluble fiber. Check here for info web page

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#42500 - 02/01/04 02:45 PM
tanyak

Thank you so much everyone! Here is another one for you. What about Duram for me? I think the egg yolk noodles are made with it......totally learning!!!!!

--------------------
TANYA

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 980

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review