All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Cannot pass gas !!
      #41802 - 01/29/04 12:09 PM
kctrun

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Virginia

I have been following the ibs diet and doing well over all with C and tummy pain. The main issue I live with is still the BLOATING. I know that I am full of gas that I just cannot get rid of. I have read a lot about getting rid of gas with Gas-x, using Bean-o, filling up on fennel etc, but does anyone else have trouble passing it? (I know that some cannot control it, and I do not want that either)

It seems to be a family trait for me. I can actully feel it moving around. Ideally I could avoid it all together but it would be nice to at least get it out. I do Yoga and Exercise everyday to no avail. Any thoughts? Really just wondering if this is common. Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cannot pass gas !! new
      #41815 - 01/29/04 01:38 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sounds like you are doing all the right things! I still have that problem too sometimes. Exercise, more cardio, jumping around kinda thing helps the most, be sure to "let it out" when you do feel the need!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#41821 - 01/29/04 01:55 PM
GentleHeart

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Canada

Well i know what you mean, every evening i feel so blown up i think i will rip appart and explode, my stomach looks pregnant, and it pushes against my rib cage, at first i thought i was all swelled up inside, told doctor my liver is swelled so much it is pushing against my ribs and i feel so tight and stuck...all to come to find out its part of my desease and its gaz....i try to walk them out, i try to push them out....i stay away from pop totally now, i take gaz=x but not much luck.....but i know what you are going through

#41825 - 01/29/04 02:05 PM
michele

Gas x is helpful, but it really only helps the gas in your tummy, I don't think it works once the gas bubbles get into your colon! Taking food enzymes with your meals can help. I also take probiotics everyday. Some people find it helps if they don't drink while they are eating or right after a meal. That gives your natural enzymes in your tummy more time to digest the food before it moves into your colon. Keep in mind too, that not ALL bloating is caused by gas. The experts are sure what causes the excessive bloating in some IBS patients! Bloating is one of my biggest problems, and it really stinks! First thing I do when I get home from work is put a nightgown on so there is no pressure on my yummy!

--------------------

#41827 - 01/29/04 02:06 PM
michele

OOOpps, typing too fast, make that my Tummy!

--------------------

#41847 - 01/29/04 02:45 PM
kctrun

thanks. I will try to not drink during meals more.

I know that it is not all gas but I have had some x-rays taken where even my doctor has said "WOW" "That is a lot of gas in there." It looked like someone was blowing bubbles.
I will keep trying everything and anything.

#41851 - 01/29/04 02:57 PM
lauriejf

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Thank you so much for posting this message. I have had the same problem, and I thought it was just me. I should know better! I too have tried a lot of different things. My exercise level is still very low; I know I need to get MOVING. But thanks again. I feel much better (not the bloating, but mentally).

--------------------
Laurie
Angels are willing to fall on their faces once in a while for the privilege of flying.

#41854 - 01/29/04 03:06 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

This is my main problem lately. I seem to be much better when I am at home and am free to pass some gas without offending anyone but away from home and at work it can be so painful with my stomach filled with gas. Taking a quick walk helps me sometimes but when you are in certain situations all you can do is keep running to the bathroom. But even that doesn't help when it feels all trapped. Sticking to the diet religiously helps but I still get the gas problems.

When I can, I take a hot bath, lay on my stomach then switch to my side to help relieve the pressure and that sometimes help.

#41917 - 01/29/04 05:56 PM
kctrun

Laurie,
So gald the post helped even if it did not release any gas. That is why I am so happy to have this site because I have never felt so free to just blurt out about my gas problem before.

Debby,
I will try the hot bath (even if it does not help it will feel good) and the laying postions.

Keep the ideas coming!
thanks!

#41949 - 01/29/04 07:18 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Bloating and gassy rumblings are some of my biggest problems too! I don't have much advice to offer, since it does sound like you're doing all the right things, but know that you're not alone! I guess this is the cross we have to bear.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Try the specific yoga poses for gas? new
      #41983 - 01/29/04 11:29 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Your daily practice should help, but maybe you could work in gas-relieving poses a couple times a day. Check the yoga section of the board for the best poses for this.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I got some out today!!! new
      #42244 - 01/31/04 08:01 AM
kctrun

I have been doing Yoga for years, but this morning I made up a little routine with only the poses on the IBS Yoga page and it did help. I could feel it moving and heading out. If you can find a few mintues in a quiet private space (although I was luckily - no smell or noise) give it a try!!!
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1440 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2127

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review