All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Been away from website for awhile
      #372918 - 08/09/16 06:43 PM
di8286

Reged: 05/27/10

I have IBS and acid reflux. I haven't been on this website in awhile. I was doing well several years ago, but it seems the older I get, the worse I feel. I have Heather's tea and fiber. I take VSL # 3 probiotic every day that is for ulcerative colitis and IBS. I am off of dairy, soy, etc. I am now 58 years old, in menopause and have put on some weight. I don't feel well most of the time. I have a very, very stressful job and would like to find something else but it hasn't happened yet. I am the only one working as my husband is on disability with early onset Alzheimer's. I wish I didn't have to work, because I feel like I am in the bathroom all the time. I am beginning to think that gluten is also bothering me. Been tested for celiac, negative, but my GI doctor says I may have a gluten sensitivity. I can't take Heather's peppermint because I have acid reflux. I don't know what to eat half the time. There is just so much going on. Help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Been away from website for awhile new
      #372924 - 08/11/16 11:12 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. Severe stress like this can be one of the worst IBS triggers.

Find the soluble fiber safe foods that work for you here http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/fiber1.asp and use those as your meal and snack foundations.

Keep up the probiotic, that can only help.

What is your Tummy Fiber dose? That should keep diarrhea/urgency at bay but you do need to gradually work up to a high enough dose.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Been away from website for awhile new
      #373063 - 09/11/16 06:17 PM
di8286

Reged: 05/27/10

I apologize for not responding. Been through alot lately. I did some research on IBS and found out that it is protected by the American Disabilities Act (ADA); so I started pursuing accommodations on my job of possibly working from home. I worked with an ADA coordinator with the Governor's Office in my State and put together my letter and gave it to HR. I then had to make an appointment with my gastro doctor as they wanted medical documentation of my IBS, etc. The day before I was to go to my doctor's appointment of which they knew I was going, I was let go from my job. This was last week. I have contacted a disability lawyer to see about possibly pursing Social Security disability as I stated in my earlier post, my IBS is getting worse despite the strict diet I follow. The lawyer suggested I go out on short-term disability first (TDI - in my State of RI) and then Social Security. Has anyone ever been granted Social Security Disability for IBS, acid reflux? I am 58 years old. Can anyone address this topic?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 645 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2696

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review