All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
so confused
      #372577 - 12/01/15 12:53 PM
lillouise

Reged: 12/01/15

I am very new to this website, and moderately new to IBS. I was diagnosed officially 2 years ago, but suspect I have been suffering un-diagnosed for years. I have recently started doing more research as it is becoming increasingly difficult to live a comfortable life. I have been looking into diet changes, but each article I read about eating says something different ... eat white pasta/dont eat white pasta .. protein (meat) is good/protein is bad .. I don't know where to start. I just ordered the fiber, and I drink Kefir (newly) as well as take probiotics daily. I was using essential oils internally, but think it might have increased diahrea, which I do not need! I am sad, and uncomfortable and feel very alone. I am also looking into acupuncture. Any thoughts?????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: so confused new
      #372589 - 12/07/15 07:06 PM
sramirezred

Reged: 09/23/15
Loc: Corona, California, USA

Hi,
It is all confusing, IBS and so many different ideas. I can tell you to listen to your gut because IBS has different triggers. I know I can't eat onions but a lot of the recipes I find have onion in them. I would suggest you try some of the teas and powders that Heather has and keep posting your questions.

Re: so confused new
      #372590 - 12/08/15 06:44 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

It certainly can be overwhelming and you have to find what works for you. There are many great suggestions here, but, we all react differently. Don't change everything at once, try things slowly. If you have things that have always worked for you, keep them in your diet regardless of what you might read. There are alot of general triggers...dairy and deep fried foods for example are often a problem (yet there are those that claim they can tolerate)? Teas are wonderful and basic broiled chicken, baked potatoes, etc.
Ask alot of questions, but, don't be afraid to try some of the ideas here (just not all at once)

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

"Ttry the ideas here (just not all at once)" - LOVE THIS new
      #372591 - 12/08/15 07:47 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Really, really good advice. Take new things in turn, use what helps you, ignore what doesn't.

XXOO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1800 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2756

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review