All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting enough calories
      #372528 - 10/16/15 09:13 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Although I fell off the wagon last year I had stabilized on the EFI diet for 5 years. I have never been able to come up with 2500 calories per day on this diet without there being unhealthy amounts of sugar. Even Heather's sample diets in her books fall woefully short for people who need calories.

I would love for anyone to help me with this as I am a male that 6'1 and weigh 145 pounds.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting enough calories new
      #372529 - 10/16/15 04:30 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Andrew! Check here http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#weight_gain for an FAQ about how to gain weight on the IBS diet.

Please keep me posted.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Getting enough calories new
      #372530 - 10/17/15 08:00 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

I was in a place a few years back desperately needed to gain weight. What worked the best for me was to eat many small meals throughout the day. Try adding things in here and there. I do eat alot of carbs, but, that is what my body seems to like/tolerate the best. I also found that when I eventually did gain back the weight, I became hungrier and that helped too (I did not have much of an appetite when I was underweight...sometimes just felt like I was shoving food in because I needed to do it). Best of luck....be patient though because it really takes quite awhile to gain.

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

Good advice - nt- new
      #372531 - 10/19/15 10:14 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 665 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2754

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review