All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Heather's Tummy Fiber
      #372499 - 10/01/15 02:27 PM
dobelvr89

Reged: 08/25/15

Is there one time better than another during the day to take the Tummy Fiber? First thing in the morning? Before meals? Between meals?
Thank you,
Beth

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Up to you! new
      #372503 - 10/02/15 12:27 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

As long as it's at least twice a day you should be fine. You can take before, with, after meals, or just alone.

What counts is that you keep your gut filled with soluble fiber 24/7 so that's why you want at least two daily doses.

Some folks find it most helpful right before a meal, as it can buffer your gut's response (and possible over-reaction) to foods.

If you gradually get your dose up to higher levels, you can also just add it to everything you cook so it's just always in there. I do that.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Up to you! new
      #372508 - 10/03/15 06:12 PM
dobelvr89

Reged: 08/25/15

Thank you, Heather, for responding! This is very helpful information, especially the part about taking the dose before a meal. I hadn't thought of doing it that way, but it makes sense.

Beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1619 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2048

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review