All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Supplements new
      #372477 - 09/15/15 04:23 AM
oatcake

Reged: 09/02/15
Loc: London

I've tried both l-glutamine and Seacure with good results.
Both made the sensation in my tummy more . . comfortable? My insides felt more peaceful.
L-glutamine also made my BM's more formed.
I've heard of good results with both and neither are scams as far as I know.
For now i'm taking a break from all supplements because it's my diet that needs the most help!
I've been drinking coffee and eating pretty much only insoluble fiber for about 5 years!!!

--------------------
oatcakes don't actually agree with me?!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#372478 - 09/15/15 04:33 AM
oatcake

I'll try taking any pills with food just in case...

I usually take prucalopride 2mg, amitriptylne 20mg, a small b vitamin (all with micro-crystalline cellulose) and some probiotics in cellulose capsules.

They can all be taken with or without food at whatever time of day suits you really.

I'll keep analysing my diet because I still have a spasm in my splenic flexure after some meals but not others.

Other than that the diet is really suiting me and
I'm sooo much less bloated while eating carbs all day!!!

--------------------

#372479 - 09/15/15 04:45 AM
oatcake

Thanks!
I'm good with soy and apparently gluten too!
I thought I was gluten sensitive as I hadn't eaten it for years and when I tried it again I had puffy eyes... turns out my eyes were puffy because I was a bit constipated! woops..

I'm now finding white pasta and bread to be some of the most soothing foods so I'm very pleased!

I *think* i'm doing well with beetroot, carrot, banana and mango now but if I still can't get my tummy to completely calm down I'll go back and try some rice pudding for a few days..

--------------------

#372480 - 09/15/15 11:26 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Check the probiotic for inulin and FOS - they're adding those to everything now and they cause awful bloating and gas.

You may want to stop the B vitamin for a week or two and see if you notice a difference - sometimes vitamins are just really hard on people. Prenatal or liquid vitamins might be better tolerated.

XOXO
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#372724 - 02/17/16 02:56 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

It got so hard finding another sublingual spray multi-vitamin with all the vites in it, (like you'd think there would be) and similar milligrams etc to replace one a company discontinued;I just went back to liquid idea, and found one that happened to be only sweetened with stevia called RUSH. Spills alot, so have to hold close to mouth when pooring into spoon

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1475 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12509

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review