All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
has anyone used licerice to stop an attack?
      #372164 - 06/09/15 12:35 PM
Davis

Reged: 06/09/15

I eat good n plenty and snaps candy plus Goetz's caramel chews and they seem to calm the cramps. I see one of
the teas has a type of licorice in it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Are you sure they're not using fennel for the licorice taste? new
      #372165 - 06/09/15 04:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

It's actually a little rare to find candies in the US made with true licorice (the Scandinavian varieties are an exception).

True licorice root can affect blood pressure, so use with caution.

Licorice shares some volatile oils, and thus some flavors, with fennel (and anise and caraway).

We carry Fennel Tummy Tea but that has no licorice in it at all, just organic fennel seeds.

My guess is that anything that has the same types of volatile oils as fennel (anethole, etc.) will likely help gas, bloating, spasms, cramps, etc.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: has anyone used licerice to stop an attack? new
      #372166 - 06/10/15 06:11 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Saw licorice extract ingredient in all 3. I've used licorice root tea, but it didn't do anything for my colon spasms and it does raise you blood pressure, even though I was intaking plenty of potassium. Systolic went down by 15 when I stopped the licorice tea. I was ACTUALLY trying to tame down upper GI track IRRITATION with the tea.

Edited by sgcray (06/10/15 06:18 PM)

Re: has anyone used licerice to stop an attack? new
      #372172 - 06/13/15 11:01 AM
JM1985

Reged: 06/13/15

Hi, I am using tablets for colon cleansing and detoxifying, and they really help me. The product I use called Naturalmax Enerix and Vitalix. These are 100% natural, gluten and sugar-free. Also good for vegetarians, that's why I chose these. I think it is a gentle and very effective way of cleansing.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2530

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review