Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stuck with fear
      #371866 - 02/02/15 08:02 AM
commish

Reged: 05/19/07
Loc: canada

Hi.
does anyone ever feel stuck in fear when they have to go somewhere. There are some great opportunities for me to go places and do fun things yet the thought of having an accident makes me paralyzed with fear that I panic and decline. I hate this. Going to work alone is a lot to accomplish, plus having young children which makes you have to leave the house. I usually starve for the "just in case" factor. Anyone else have the same fears/ experience? How to you handle it?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stuck with fear new
      #371867 - 02/02/15 10:31 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hi Commish,

I am SO sorry you are going through this!!

How long have you had IBS? Are you on Heather's diet, or the FODMAP diet?

What does your doctor say about your condition? There is a LOT of helpful info on this site that should assist you!

It must be HELL living like this and I PRAY you get some real relief SOON!!

BEST to you!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#371870 - 02/02/15 01:31 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Please don't starve, just makes IBS worse. Keep your colon filled with soluble foods, also take the acacia to help fill up and prevent spasming. Drink the teas if can to relax throughout your system. 5-6 small meals/day eaten slowly, taking them out with you to reduce fear of spasming which can cause spasming. The more my system is kept tame, the less anxious. Feeling more confident I hope. You CAN do this.

#371950 - 03/11/15 07:04 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Hi There,

I have the same now and then. I have to say I am doing well at the moment but when I go far away for a longer time (full day for example) or where it s crowded, (concert) I'll take a bag with some extra clothes with me.
I've had 1 ibs-accident a few years ago and since then I am also in fear now and then.

I hate that but at the other side.. I didn't stay at home I only need to carry a bigger bag with me now and then.. It gives my mind a little bit rest and at the most moments I just forget to take that bigger bag with me now. It does help to notice I never needed that big bag with clothes.

Good luck with it.

---

This is where gut-directed hypnotherapy really shines... new
      #371952 - 03/11/15 11:18 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

it will break the brain-gut cycle of worry, stress, anxiety, and IBS symptoms. It is specifically meant to address situations exactly like yours.

You can find a local hypnotherapist (make sure they specialize in brain-gut scripts) or do an at home program. There's actually a hypnotherapy message board here as well where you can ask questions and get great info.

Hypnotherapy info starts here http://www.helpforibs.com/hypnosis/

You can listen to samples of an at home program here http://www.helpforibs.com/shop/books/hypnoibs.asp#listen

Message board here http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy

This treatment tends to be the last resort for people, which is so unfortunate. It should be the first resort. The clinical studies on it are just amazing.

Forgot the studies link - you can read those here http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=library&Number=13951&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

XOXO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3439

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review