All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soy sauce
      #371333 - 08/11/14 05:46 PM
Tessakate

Reged: 08/11/14

Hi there, I have read many different tips and articles that say different things regarding the use of soy sauce for people with ibs. Some say not to use it at all and others say you can as long as it is gluten free?? I'm a bit confused so any opinions would be nice

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soy sauce new
      #371334 - 08/11/14 07:13 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

On this diet one can eat gluten;It's all in Heather's books. Maybe you can preview about her books from here or at your library, if they have them? I've been on this diet since 2004, wowee. As far as I know the soy sauce should still be fine. Sriracha sauce is a nice one too. I've been doing white spelt instead of the white wheat, because my colon seems to feel more relaxed with it right now. Eeeevrybody's a little different, but this diet is a good base to start with.

Edited by sgcray (08/11/14 07:44 PM)

Re: soy sauce new
      #371335 - 08/12/14 09:42 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Should be just fine in any version for IBS. If you're also gluten intolerant (and most folks with IBS are not) then use tamari, which is a soy sauce brewed only from soy, not from soy and wheat.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1357

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review