All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gluten free options for people will IBS-D
      #371310 - 07/31/14 09:53 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I'm having a bad bout of D. The gluten-free breads are made from whole grain brown rice. Rice crackers are made with brown rice. I assume oatmeal is too much fiber to eat with D. Any suggestions of what I can eat besides bananas and applesauce?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yes, lots! new
      #371311 - 07/31/14 11:49 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Cooked white rice or rice noodles, instant oatmeal, peeled and cooked root veggies (potatoes, yams, etc.), quinoa, cornmeal or polenta, baked corn chips, tapioca - all are good soluble fiber staples that will help stop diarrhea.

Watch out for commercial gluten free products - they tend to add a lot of fat and sometimes dairy or other IBS triggers.

If you're trying to stabilize go for white rice over brown to eliminate the insoluble fiber of the rice bran.

XOXO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thx! Recommendation for GF bread? new
      #371312 - 07/31/14 12:29 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

Udi's and Rudi's brand are so sugary. Is there a post on recommended GF foods?

Ooh, not by brand name... new
      #371315 - 07/31/14 04:58 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I've had good feedback from folks about baking bread from Bob's Red Mill gluten free mixes. But not much feedback about brand names for ready made breads - so sorry.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Gluten free options for people will IBS-D new
      #371320 - 08/03/14 12:00 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Kame brand white rice crackers 110 cal., 10 of which are corn oil though. At Fry's or Sprout's. I'd take the acacia fiber with them. If you have to use rice instead and quickly, I've cooked my jasmine or basmati rice in the microwave;I'm hoping that's o.k. Instructions are on jasmine packages and can apply instructions to basmati.

Edited by sgcray (08/04/14 06:39 PM)

Re: Yes, lots!/polenta new
      #371679 - 11/29/14 10:48 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

Quote:

Cooked white rice or rice noodles, instant oatmeal, peeled and cooked root veggies (potatoes, yams, etc.), quinoa, cornmeal or polenta, baked corn chips, tapioca - all are good soluble fiber staples that will help stop diarrhea.

Watch out for commercial gluten free products - they tend to add a lot of fat and sometimes dairy or other IBS triggers.

If you're trying to stabilize go for white rice over brown to eliminate the insoluble fiber of the rice bran.

XOXO
Heather

Is polenta usually made from cornmeal or corn flour? I found some instant (precooked) dry corn flour polenta that I'm not sure about.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3523

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review