All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Again, Why do doctors not get it??
      #371104 - 04/10/14 06:41 PM
commish

Reged: 05/19/07
Loc: canada

I was recently at a new doctor this week. My diagnosis of IBS 7 years ago from a doctor who concluded it after many tests , is no longer available. Since having many problems yet again I was send to someone new. As I discussed my history and now that I am unable to function due to excessive d- he looked at me and said that it was impossible. I have lost a total of 38 pounds over the last several months, I never eat until I am safe at home or will be home in the next hour.
For him to say this is not possible!! I was so angry , I took a breath and explain firmly that this is real and very possible. He has decided the best course of action is to repeat all the tests again..so now my anxiety is visiting the colonoscopy ..it makes me shiver just thinking about it.
Why do doctors not understand that this is real, and with IBS-D it disrupts life. I have 3 children under the age of 5 , I just want to have an enjoyable life , and that means having food you know like a picnic with the kids-and not one next to the toilet.
Thanks for reading my vent.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Again, Why do doctors not get it?? new
      #371105 - 04/11/14 12:34 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

I TOTALLY understand your frustrations, commish!!

First off, I want to address your very rapid weight loss! This sounds very dangerous and you may even want to contact an emergency physician to make sure you are NOT in any danger!

I really think that a LOT or, or maybe MOST of doctors have NO compassion and do NOT deserve to be in the medical field!! They are there only for the MONEY most likely!!

I would NOT go through all of these tests again and would find another doctor pronto!! Where do you live? I read on this board that the BEST doctor for IBS is Dr. Lucy Harris at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ. If you don't live too far from this area, I would make a BEELINE for her office right now!

I am SO sorry you are going through this! IBS has totally disrupted your life and you need, for the sake of your children, to get that life BACK pronto!!

BEST to you and please keep us posted as to how you are doing!

TRY to have a good day anyway!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

I would second this. -nt- new
      #371106 - 04/11/14 02:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#371250 - 06/26/14 06:43 PM
commish

Reged: 05/19/07
Loc: canada

Hey. As a follow up, I had a colonoscopy and endiocosopy done. I have to wait yet another month to get the results and yet I still cannot eat. I am going to assume everything looked normal or I would be in earlier to see the doctor. Why.?? I have bad anxiety now with just the thought of going somewhere including work, I fear the d will start as it usually does, but now the anxiety is what I fear may be the cause of the d. How do any of you help anxiety. I did use the audio tapes from heather and it did help but I'm not finding anything right now. I'm controlled by fear it feels.
Thanks for the vent.

#371255 - 06/27/14 05:42 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

commish,

My heart TOTALLY goes out to you!!

Do you have medication to at least try to control the D? Lomotil works like a charm for me!!

Is there ANYTHING at all that you can eat without having D?

I feel the doctors are failing you BIG TIME!!

Hugs and MANY pryaers,

Candy

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#371256 - 06/28/14 09:14 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hi Commish- Please do consider using the IBS Audio Program CDs (tapes) again - It took me three rounds before I began to address my symptoms/anxiety, etc. You can get free support if needed also for your situation. It is an ongoing cycle - the fear of getting D results in D, which reinforces the next time - sometimes it is so hard-wired (like in my own situation as well, IBS since 1983) it takes time for the hypnotherapy to work, but do consider giving it time and another round. If you need personal support, feel free to call 877-898-2539 or contact healthyaudio - at - live dot com if you still need support once you have tried again - that is if you decide to do so... there IS hope and many folks just like you have been helped, so dont be discouraged! All the best to you - hope you feel better.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 841 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3540

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review