All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Linzess
      #371067 - 04/04/14 04:10 PM
ssr1

Reged: 03/11/14

Hi all,
I know everyone is different, but has anyone with IBS-C had any experience with Linzess? Or...would care to throw out any knowledge about it? My gastro had me try Amitiza...(I am not a fan of taking drugs for this) and it did nothing for me. He is suggesting Linzess, as it works by a different mechanism. I would really like to hear anyone's experience! THANKS!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Linzess new
      #371069 - 04/04/14 04:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I have almost no feedback on this drug from IBS folks - not sure why. There is good general info here Linzess

There's also some helpful info about getting off laxatives here http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/06/082206.html

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#371071 - 04/04/14 04:35 PM
ssr1

Reged: 03/11/14

Once again, thank you. I had no trouble getting off of Amitiza...not really a laxative. The most hopeful thing my gastro told me was that these should retrain the bowel over time to just go once/day...and not do the seizing up, Charley horse effect. Nice thought!

#371075 - 04/05/14 01:20 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

I was prescribed this drug last September but NEVER started taking it for two reasons. The first is that ever since I have been treated for stage 2B Hodgkin's Lymphoma (a cancer), I have great difficulty swallowing pills and capsules.

The second reason is the patient insert info said you could have SEVERE diarrhea with this!

All the gastro docs want to do is PUSH pills on you, that LUCKILY for THEM, THEY do NOT have to take!!

I am saving my money for some acupuncture treatments in the near future. I had really good luck with this in 2008 but the problem came BACK in late July 2013 when I had to drink TWO different oral contrasts for a CT scan as part of my cancer follow-up visits.

The BEST of luck to you on this drug! Please let us know how things work out for you!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#371118 - 04/17/14 03:06 PM
pain247

Reged: 02/04/14

I was prescribed Linzess and hated it. It took 4 days for it to work. The first time I took it about an hour later I felt like I was having a seizure in my abdomen but no BM. Finally after 4 days it "worked". And yes I did have a bm. Spend the majority of the day on the toilet and had to call off work because it was that bad! I had painful and pure liquid explosive d. I would rather be constipated than go through that hell ever again.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1906 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2779

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review