All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
LINZESS 145 mcg
      #370417 - 10/09/13 11:45 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello All,

Has anyone on this board taken the above medication at the listed dosage?

What were your side effects? Did the drug HELP you at all??

I am supposed to start taking this today after I awaken and am quite NERVOUS about it since one of the side effects is diarrhea!!

Thank you very much as always!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LINZESS 145 mcg new
      #370418 - 10/10/13 06:29 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Never heard of it. Good luck!

#370421 - 10/10/13 10:52 AM
Candy07

I decided to NOT take this after the research I did on the side effects late last night!

I took half of a mild vegetable laxative I bought from Walmart this morning and got some relief!

If I had taken LINZESS, only God knows how many bathroom visits I would have had to make!!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#370423 - 10/10/13 12:52 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Candy07 are you IBS-C or IBS-D? According to the ROME III criteria for IBS

C or constipation is defined as three or fewer bowel movements per week.

D is defined as three or more bowel movement per day.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#370426 - 10/10/13 02:58 PM
Candy07

I am IBS-C, and I just could NOT handle a lot of D, which is why I am fearing this darned drug so much!

Also, I read the patient drug insert and it says right there that a relatively low percentage of patients in the studies were even HELPED by this drug!!

Plus it's only been on the market since 2012, so I am going to PASS on it!!

I ordered some really good probiotics and digestive enzymes upon the recommendation of a holistic provider and I am going to use these and see what happens!

If I get DRASTIC improvement I will tell you all about it, plus the company I ordered from and the brand names of the products!!

Here is wishing me some LUCK for a darned CHANGE!!

--------------------

#370427 - 10/10/13 03:17 PM
Syl

From your last posting I was worried that you might be IBS-D and going to try Linzess. I am so glad I was wrong.

The clinical results for IBS-C are impressive if the information on their web site is correct. However, the dose appears to be higher than what you were given. It might be worth giving it a try. Talk to you doctor about your concerns

Good luck.

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

#370428 - 10/10/13 04:05 PM
Candy07

Will do, thanks!

--------------------

Have never taken this, but there is an info page new
      #370429 - 10/10/13 04:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

about it on the site Linzess

I do agree with you that the newer a drug is, the more hesitant I'd be to take it. IBS-specific drugs have a terrible track record in the US, and most have either been pulled of the market completely due to side effects or their use has been drastically restricted. Not that this means Linzess will follow that path, but it's easier to have confidence in the safety and effectiveness of a drug that's been on the market for a long time. A very long time.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Have never taken this, but there is an info page new
      #370430 - 10/10/13 06:40 PM
Candy07

Thanks a LOT, Heather! I see that ONLY 7 to 25% of patients even saw improvement on this drug!

I am sure MANY MORE people get improvement using YOUR products and diets!!

They can KEEP it!!

--------------------

You may find this review of Linaclotide of interest .... new
      #370438 - 10/12/13 04:44 PM
Syl

Linaclotide: A Novel Therapy for Chronic Constipation and Constipation-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome

--------------------

Re: You may find this review of Linaclotide of interest .... new
      #370439 - 10/13/13 12:08 PM
Candy07

Thanks a LOT, Syl!

You always give out GOOD info!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 401 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review