All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
When can I start my Acacia fiber again?
      #370287 - 09/24/13 02:42 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello All,

I am just about to start my bowel prep (OH JOY)! and I skipped my fiber all day.

I have my tests tomorrow and was wondering when I should re-start my Acacia fiber. I plan to do this on Thursday.

Will skipping a couple of days be an issue? I am up to 2 tsp twice per day now. I started on this product about a month ago.

Thanks Once Again!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

As soon as you have permission to eat or drink... new
      #370288 - 09/24/13 04:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

make the Tummy Fiber the first thing you eat, actually. Have some strong peppermint or fennel tea. Then stick to small quantities of plain soluble fiber foods for a day or two. This will get your gut up and running without cramps/pain.

Skipping just a day or two won't affect your dosage - just pick up right where you left off.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: As soon as you have permission to eat or drink... new
      #370302 - 09/26/13 01:29 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Thanks so much as always, Heather!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 682 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3985

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review