All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Please help - frustrated, exhausted, in pain
      #370202 - 09/17/13 02:20 PM
Alyeska

Reged: 09/15/13

About 3 days ago I took a lot of senna tea to produce a bowel movement because I had been constipated for a week. Since then my intestines have been a mess. I am constantly bloated, gassy, and my stomach just hurts. I started taking Triphala 2 days ago because I don't want to do senna anymore, but I can't tell if it's working because my intestines are so screwed up. What can I do to get things back to normal?

Thank you so much to whoever answers this!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hang in there, senna is just brutal... new
      #370207 - 09/17/13 03:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

so try the what to eat when you can't eat anything tips to get stable. Might take a few days, that's okay.

XOXO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Hang in there, senna is just brutal... new
      #370221 - 09/18/13 12:50 PM
Alyeska

Reged: 09/15/13

Thank you! I read your other link to the 5 Constipation Frustrations and I realized I have been way too aggressive in my approach to treating constipation. I have tried replacing senna with high doses of fiber supplements, which also triggered my IBS, and made me think nothing but senna could ever work. I made some other mistakes on the list as well (too much insoluble fiber for sure). Today is better, and I'm hoping for slow and steady improvement

Re: Please help - frustrated, exhausted, in pain new
      #370225 - 09/18/13 07:41 PM
reindeer

Reged: 08/22/11

If you feel you need a laxative, try Milk of Magnesia. It doesn't have the horrible cramping effects like most of the others.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 198 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review