All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mustard and relish on a hot dog
      #370138 - 09/06/13 05:56 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Hello,

I was bad again and I had a hot dog, brat bun and plenty of yellow mustard and some relish on the dog.

Now I am having frequent bowel urges! When will I ever learn?

I also ate a little bit of coconut milk ice cream! I miss my ice cream SO badly!!

I really resent having to eat like this and feel like all the joy has been taken out of my life!!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I do great with soy dogs, and you can also get low fat chicken/turkey dogs new
      #370149 - 09/09/13 10:16 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

No changes needed for bun, mustard, or relish. Instead of coconut ice cream (super high fat) try soy, rice, or almond versions instead, or sorbet.

You don't have deprive yourself of the joy of eating, it just takes some modifications and a bit of practice. Much better than being sick.

Give yourself a break - recover from the attack, move forward, no point beating yourself up.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I do great with soy dogs, and you can also get low fat chicken/turkey dogs new
      #370152 - 09/09/13 01:12 PM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

Thanks Heather! I bought Tofutti brand chocolate ice cream over the weekend and will try that today!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

Ooh yum! Love that stuff. -nt- new
      #370153 - 09/09/13 04:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 648 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review