All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HELP! PLEASE!
      #370042 - 08/23/13 04:10 AM
Roxstar

Reged: 02/12/12

Ok I have to be picked up by some work friends on Monday and spend the whole day with them. We will have lunch etc..and be working all day at a conference centre then they will drop me home. IT'S LIKE AN HOUR'S TRIp! And they do not know about the IBS NOR do I want them to!

I AM TERRIFIED! I can eat very plain foods like boiled chicken and rice and peppermint tea all weekend if i have to but I am scared as soon as I anm trapped in the car with them I will have D really bad! The thing is, this is one of the most amazing career opportunities ever. I HAVE TO GO!

I can't miss out. So...what are your absolute recommendations for me to be as safe and as chilled as possible?
So long as my tummy is all safe I should be ok right??? Trying not to panic but I also have to SING! EEEK!

Please note I do not yet have the IBS tapes. I have Benefiber soluble fibre aswell and drink half my body weight in pep mint tea every day.

WHAT ON EARTH CAN I DO TO ENSURE 0 ATTACKS!?! THANK YOU! ALSO, PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!

Edited by Roxstar (08/23/13 04:26 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HELP! PLEASE! new
      #370044 - 08/23/13 11:02 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Even though you say you do not want these people to know you have IBS, and certainly I can understand why, actually telling them will help you tremendously - I know this may not be an option, but once I started telling people that I had a digestive condition and that I may need to stop - the telling of it actually took away my symptoms much of the time. You already are doing everything else - diet, tea, etc. so taking this burden off of you may be the single best thing you can do.

If you absolutely cannot tell them (or even one of them) then imagine that you did - yep - I know that sounds abit out there, but pretend in your mind that you told them, and that they said they will stop for you every and anytime you ask, and pretend that it has already happened - the trip has taken place and all went well. This is projective positive thinking and it works very well for many people.

Another thing to consider is either taking over the counter imodium the night before the trip or at least having them on hand if needed. Knowing that you have them with you can be helpful - also packing cleansing wipes and other 'items' just in case in a satchel, may ease your mind. Sometimes just knowing you are prepared takes the worry out of it.

And finally, instead of thinking of all the times you have had IBS attacks, try to concentrate on all the times you have gone places and have been just fine - and tell yourself that you are just fine more often than you are not - and that you can be just fine during this trip too - and believe it even tho I know it can be hard as humans tend to focus on all the times we feel bad or have attacks, but in actuality, most people are 'OK' most of the time in comparison to all the hours in a day - at least on average.

And also - I will definitely pray for you...I will pray all weekend and especially on Monday that all will be well for you - and for your career too! Blessings to you...

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Re: HELP! PLEASE! new
      #370045 - 08/24/13 11:49 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

Just tell them your tummy is a little upset and that perhaps you have to stop for the toilet?

I got through it fine :) :D :D new
      #370058 - 08/26/13 08:53 PM
Roxstar

Reged: 02/12/12

Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

I ate very plainly for two days before, took loperamide and had my soluble fibre and slippery elm and enzymes.

I ended up being able to get a lift in to the place and it was actually good. I spent the whole day not needing to run to the bathroom and I was so thankful for that! Praise God!
At lunchtime all the sandwiches had mayo on them, but I just ate the bread part, scraped off the mayo and had the plain chicken breast and avocado. I was ok!

Re: I got through it fine :) :D :D new
      #370064 - 08/27/13 10:45 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

That sounds great! Glad it worked out fine for you.

Yay! Such good news! -nt- new
      #370068 - 08/27/13 05:15 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I got through it fine :) :D :D new
      #370071 - 08/28/13 11:58 AM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Was praying for ya - I knew you would be fine!!! YAY!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2642 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review