All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: A few other acaciafiber questions new
      #370117 - 09/01/13 12:20 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Try your best to be consistent, twice a day. If you miss one, take it again as soon as you remember. You don't have to lower the dose unless you've been off your fiber for a long time.

Soluble fiber only works when it's in your gut. That's why you need it throughout the day, every day. And yes, the travel packets are perfect for trains and planes and getting through customs, airport security, etc.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acaciafiber question. new
      #370145 - 09/09/13 06:29 AM
Sassie

Reged: 07/02/13
Loc: The Netherlands, Europe

I am at 2,5 T a day now and I am doing great. Went away for 4 days with a group of over 10 people, with 2x a 2,5 hours flight and I couldn't choose what I had for diner (buisiness-trip all arranged). I skipped some meat but had more rice and some fish.

The only 2 things I did very wrong was drinking wine with the others.. but that didn't seem to do much bad things to my body and I had 1 can of Coca Cola and my bowel was very upset about it for a couple of hours. I suppose the cafeïne and the soda where the problem. Okay, and now and then there was a little deep-fried product which I did try but after having some French bread.

But hey..
* I skipped the coffee and was the only one drinking tea..
* I took the fiber with me and that also went very well. No problems getting it into the plane.
* I started the mornings with fiber, tea (chamomile) and 2 white breads with marmelade/jam.
* I drunk very very much water!

Now I will be more sure when I will go on a short trip, knowing I can make it.

And ofcourse: Back on track again and no more cheating.

Thanks Heather!

Congrats!! This is wonderful - be proud!! -nt- new
      #370147 - 09/09/13 10:13 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 804 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15499

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review