All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need to get down to ground zero
      #369427 - 04/13/13 12:36 PM
TheDeb

Reged: 10/27/11
Loc: Hawaii

I have IBS and have had diarrhea for about 5 months every day. I admit my diet hasn't been stellar and I know what I will have to change. First, I want to get back to some sort of baseline, i.e., get the diarrhea under control without taking any drugs. Then get back on the IBS diet. What suggestions do you have on what I should eat to get back to ground zero? BTW, I do have Heather's book and the cheat sheet and I have just ordered the hypnosis tapes. Thanks so much for your help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need to get down to ground zero new
      #369428 - 04/13/13 02:17 PM
Erika0713

Reged: 03/29/13

If you find the answer let me know I also have IBS with diarrhea its so frustrating. I just started Heather's diet a couple weeks ago and had an episode still last night. I know its too early to give up on the diet though

#369429 - 04/13/13 05:06 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Welcome!

A helpful hint while using the hypnotherapy program - if possible, try to refrain from reading and researching about IBS while using it - I know this may be hard, and may not be totally possible - but do try, as this will help you progress more rapidly and successfuly - if you have any questions regarding the process, do let me know - happy to help!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Go to the breaking the cycle diet for a few days... new
      #369435 - 04/15/13 12:02 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

here http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/faq.asp#break_cycle

It's just for a few days but it will stop the attacks and get your gut calmed down. Then you have baseline from which you can carefully expand your diet following the guidelines.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Go to the breaking the cycle diet for a few days... new
      #369489 - 04/26/13 11:53 AM
TheDeb

Thank you, I found the reference and will try to do this today. I am also sensitive to fruit and my blood sugar is flaky so I need to restrict even from within your list. I guess it's rice, pasta, white bread, potatoes for me. I do need protein every day though to keep the blood sugar stable. Would turkey or chicken be the safest? How much of that can I safely eat? Appreciate any advice!

#369490 - 04/26/13 11:54 AM
TheDeb

Thank you. I'm having difficulty finding "tracks" from the IBS book instructions and posted on that forum for some help.

#369491 - 04/26/13 11:54 AM
TheDeb

Perhaps the other answers to my post will help you also! I hear you loud and clear!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4570

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review