All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Mochi
      #368989 - 01/10/13 06:35 AM
heatherrenee

Reged: 04/23/07

Hello!

I went to an asian market a few days ago and picked up a box of mochi - I wanted to make sure that it was safe. I read the list of ingredients and it seems safe, but I wasn't sure about the fillings. They are made of sweet rice flour and sugar...but one of the fillings is red bean paste, another is peanut butter and the third has sesame paste for the filling with sesame seeds coating it.

Thanks,
Heather

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I've never had problems with any of the bean filled ones.... new
      #368990 - 01/10/13 11:31 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I haven't tried peanut butter or sesame, they would be quite a bit higher in fat, so be cautious.

Other than that mochi are usually great safe staples. You can get unfilled versions as well, and even raw mochi sheets that you bake and that puff up into delicious little squares.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I've never had problems with any of the bean filled ones.... new
      #368991 - 01/10/13 12:15 PM
heatherrenee

Reged: 04/23/07

Thanks so much, Heather. Actually, the peanut butter and sesame ones have 3.3 grams of fat (113 calories each, so 26% fat), which is close to the 25% that we should be eating. I've never seen the unfilled or raw sheet mochi - I'll have to look them up.

Thanks,
Heather

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4360 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2370

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review