All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gallbladder
      #368562 - 11/15/12 07:17 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

Has anyone had their gallbladder removed? I have serious issues with D now that I no longer have a gallbladder and it is really becoming a major stress in my life. I've had my second colonoscopy (I'm 35) and my GI doctor is very dismissive as I have IBS and he insists there is nothing else he can do for me. I obviously am switching doctors but was wondering if someone is going through the same issues I am with urgent, uncontrollable D almost IMMEDIATELY after eating. The problem also is it happens at work but rarely at night when I am home.

I am on cholestryramine, lomotil and bentyl but all these medications cause C! So they help with my issues until they completely constipate me and then I am sick in the other direction!

Please help....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Check here new
      #368566 - 11/15/12 12:04 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/limemint072704.html#askheather

for an article about gallbladder removal.

The cholestyramine should not cause constipation. The lomotil is the most likely culprit, and the anti-spasmodics can play a role but not as much.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Check here new
      #368575 - 11/16/12 11:39 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

Thanks, Heather. It is so frustrating that doctors do not advise you of the risks of surgery. If anyone had prepared me for what might happen, given my IBS, I never would have had the surgery.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 922 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2074

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review