All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia Fiber
      #368509 - 11/13/12 01:42 PM
bclark

Reged: 07/29/11
Loc: New England

I am really having a difficult time with this fiber. I suffer from severe C, and I know I will need a pretty high dose. I thought I would give it a try since nothing else has worked. My problem is getting this stuff to dissolve. It is so gummy. I stir and stir and stir and I am only using 1/2 teaspoon am and pm. And how do I incorporate it when I get up to tablespoons? I run out of places to hide it. Maybe warm cereal, hot tea, hot meals, but beyond that I run out of options. I can tolerate the 1/2 teaspoons in a bottle of water. I shake it up and that seems to work, but that is a small amount. I want to give it a fair shot, but I just don't know where to put it? And how to get the stuff to dissolve? Benefiber was much easier but that didn't work at all. The other night I got extreme pain in my upper abdomen, which I have never had before. I don't get much pain, just discomfort. I can only attribute it to the acacia fiber. So, I haven't had any since.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi - can you please email us at Help at HelpForIBS.com? That's the best place new
      #368510 - 11/13/12 02:19 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

to get direct help with products.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Sure, thanks-nt new
      #368514 - 11/13/12 04:03 PM
bclark

Reged: 07/29/11
Loc: New England

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1474

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review