All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Tp Message Board
      #368320 - 10/22/12 06:47 PM
PaulK

Reged: 10/22/12

Hi! I'm a 58 year old male that was diagnosed with IBS at the age of 25 or so and it has now come to the point where it basically controls my moods and most of all my life. I have been to doctors and have been poked and scoped more times then I care to remember! Doctors have been no help at all. I'm hoping that with Heathers Diet plan and learning from others I can finally get control of my life back.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Tp Message Board new
      #368326 - 10/23/12 07:41 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Welcome Paul -

Am about your age and have had IBS since 1983 - been on support boards since 2000, so can certainly appreciate your journey - there still is hope, though - I speak with folks your age and older who are now finding their way via various methods - one being clinical hypnotherapy which helped me after almost 20 years, and helps many others. Not a cure, but worth looking into if all other meds, diets, etc have not been your way forward...

Read my journey below if you wish - get the eyedrops out - LOL

If you have any questions, let me know. Always happy to help. All the best in finding out what works for you - there IS hope... Take care.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#368329 - 10/24/12 07:05 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

There is no question that IBS can effect your mood especially when the experts don't give you any directions about how to manage symptoms.

Something you might consider is using the FODMAP diet in combination with Heather's diet. The FODMAP diet is a clinically tested diet by GI experts that is used to effectively manage symptoms of functional bowel disorder such as IBS. Your doctors may have told you about it - if not then they should have!

The International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders has an excellent description of the FODMAP approach in one of its recent newsletters (click on link). It starts on page 9 of the newsletter.

You can read more about this diet in the first two links in my signature. Large clinical trials in the UK and Australia have shown this diet produces 60-80% reduce in symptoms. Many of us on this board use both Heather's and the FODMAP approach together.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Hi - I would second Marilyn and look into gut-directed hypnotherapy new
      #368330 - 10/24/12 11:32 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

if IBS is at the point that it controls your mood and your life. You need to break that chronic cycle, and gut-specific hypnotherapy for IBS is the best way to do that.

Check here http://www.helpforibs.com/hypnosis/ for in-depth info about both at home and in-person hypnotherapy that is specifically designed to changed your gut's physical function.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#368331 - 10/24/12 02:35 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hi Paul! If you do nothing else, I second Marilyn's response to try the hypnosis. For many, it does work wonders...me being one of those people!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2845 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2226

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review