All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Are these granola bars safe?
      #368225 - 09/23/12 09:35 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

web page I know they contain agave nectar, but it's pretty far down on the list. I eat one every day. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

anyone?-nt new
      #368234 - 09/23/12 02:35 PM
Cyndy

Post the ingredient list for the specific bar you're asking about. new
      #368245 - 09/24/12 06:17 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Post the ingredient list for the specific bar you're asking about. new
      #368257 - 09/27/12 05:53 PM
Cyndy

Here's one INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC NUGO CRUNCH [ORGANIC HEXANE FREE SOY CRISPS (ORGANIC SOY PROTEIN, ORGANIC RICE FLOUR, CALCIUM CARBONATE), ORGANIC BROWN RICE CRISP (ORGANIC BROWN RICE KERNELS), ORGANIC ROLLED OATS] ORGANIC CHOCOLATE (ORGANIC EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, ORGANIC CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, ORGANIC COCOA BUTTER, ORGANIC SOY LECITHIN, ORGANIC VANILLA), ORGANIC TAPIOCA SYRUP, ORGANIC AGAVE SYRUP, ORGANIC ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN-GMO FREE, ORGANIC ARABIC GUM, ORGANIC ALMONDS, ORGANIC TAPIOCA MALTODEXTRIN, ORGANIC FLAXSEED, NATURAL FLAVORS.

Here's another: INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC NUGO CRUNCH [ORGANIC HEXANE FREE SOY CRISPS (ORGANIC SOY PROTEIN, ORGANIC RICE FLOUR, CALCIUM CARBONATE), ORGANIC BROWN RICE CRISP(ORGANIC BROWN RICE KERNELS), ORGANIC ROLLED OATS], ORGANIC CHOCOLATE (ORGANIC EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, ORGANIC CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, ORGANIC COCOA BUTTER, ORGANIC SOY LECITHIN, ORGANIC VANILLA), ORGANIC TAPIOCA SYRUP, ORGANIC AGAVE SYRUP, ORGANIC ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN-GMO FREE, ORGANIC TAPIOCA MALTODEXTRIN, ORGANIC COCOA POWDER, ORGANIC ARABIC GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS.

Re: Post the ingredient list for the specific bar you're asking about. new
      #368265 - 09/28/12 11:55 AM
HeatherAdministrator

At a glance the ingredients are fine but there might be too much solid chocolate and cocoa butter in there - do they give you calories from fats and total calories? Then we can calculate the percentage from fat.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Heather new
      #368497 - 11/11/12 03:45 PM
Cyndy

They have 190 cals total. 45 calories from fat. Total fat is 5 grams.

Thanks so much for your help on this. They are vegan, so dairy free. I eat them everyday as a snack, so I would so appreciate your opinion.

Re: Heather new
      #368501 - 11/12/12 11:15 AM
HeatherAdministrator

This should be okay. They're about 25% calories from fat, so safe but not necessarily super safe if you're really in bad shape. If you've been eating them daily and tolerating them, that's a great sign.

- H

--------------------

#368503 - 11/12/12 12:24 PM
Cyndy

Thank you. I'm not tolerating something...cuz I'm in pain. thought maybe this was the cause. Obviously I'm still not doing enough SF before IF I guess. Or too much peanut butter (fat).

#368546 - 11/14/12 01:56 PM
Cyndy

Is this okay to eat as a snack without an SF base?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3685

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review