All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
tummy fiber
      #367724 - 07/04/12 12:04 PM
juleeque

Reged: 07/04/12

I was wondering if anyone has had a bad reaction to the tummy fiber for IBS-D (officially diagnosed)? I am chemically sensitive (even tho this is not a chemical, it is new to my system) and so I am taking it slow and only doing 1/2 tsp in am. I wasn't having that much problems before the TF but on frequent occasion, I'd have looser than I'd like BM. But on my third day of the tummy fiber, I had a bad attack with cramps and pain like labor pains. Is this normal? Each day that I've taken it, the cramps have gotten worse so now I am afraid to take any more. Ideas as to what is going on? Suggestions? thx j

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: tummy fiber new
      #367725 - 07/04/12 04:59 PM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

I am also IBS-D and had similar problems with the acacia fiber...Things seemed ok at first but I also got to the 3rd day and everything went downhill:(...I know many have had wonderful luck with this fiber, but, I tried several times and just didn't work for me. Like you I was afraid to try again??

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

#367730 - 07/05/12 12:26 PM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I've had the same issues with the fiber. After several attempts I finally gave it up. Everytime I went over 1/2 tsp. a day I'd get bad gas and cramping.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

#367732 - 07/05/12 02:00 PM
juleeque

I have not tried it again, but will after vacation at a lower dose. I have had good results with the peppermint tea and the nausea.

Hi - please email us directly at Help at HelpForIBS.com and new
      #367733 - 07/05/12 04:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

we can get you more detailed info.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Hi - please email us directly at Help at HelpForIBS.com and new
      #367762 - 07/08/12 06:39 AM
juleeque

Yes, I already did! ..the young lady was helpful in suggesting some things to try. She also gave me some more background info on IBS and how things 'work'. So I am hopeful!

#367775 - 07/12/12 08:02 AM
berwin

Reged: 12/20/11

I had the same reaction to the TF. Extreme gas and cramping. I did not want to give it up so I reduced my intake to 1/8th teaspoon in morning drink or cereal and 1/8th at night. I could tolerate this alot better. After a few months, I am now up to 1/2 teaspoon in morning and 1/2 at night. It is definitely helping. Good luck!

#367840 - 07/19/12 09:29 PM
dogsled

Reged: 07/16/12

Hi Juleeque, wondering if you would mind sharing what was suggested to you for easing your way onto the Tummy Fiber. I've ordered some and am waiting for it to arrive, and I'd really like to avoid a flare when I first try it out.

Check the sticky post ... new
      #367845 - 07/20/12 06:34 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

at the top of the page. Here is a link Tummy Fiber Acacia dosages - starting, increasing, switching from other fibers, and more...

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Check the sticky post ... new
      #367846 - 07/20/12 08:09 AM
dogsled

Reged: 07/16/12

Yes, I've seen that. I had simply wondered if the OP had gotten any more specific information that might be further helpful. I figure I'll just start very small . . .

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1299 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4955

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review