All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Just to share...
      #366642 - 01/08/12 08:43 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I have never been able to handle the taste of soy or nut milks. They, for me, are just are too chalky, like milk of magnesia. I found two milks, (and alot of money wasted in the process) that are pretty good. They are hemp milk and oat milk. I get the non-vanilla kinds because I find them a bit too sweet, but all in all, they come closer to cow's milk than any other I've tried. I also use rice milk, non-vanilla, and that is pretty good and has been my staple milk for awhile now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ooh, I love hemp milk! It's a little hard to find sometimes, but delicious! -nt- new
      #366645 - 01/09/12 10:21 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Just to share... new
      #366648 - 01/10/12 07:09 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

ok, well after seeing this yesterday I went out and got hemp milk. It's pretty thick and reminds me of almond milk. But, the taste is good! Now to see if my belly can handle it... hopefully it's easy to digest.
Thanks for the tip!!! i was SO SO SO sick of my rice milk!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: Just to share... new
      #366653 - 01/10/12 03:26 PM
Gerikat

Hey Aly! I hope you are ok with it. I have tried so many darn milks. I know you have had you own set of issues lately, so I hope you can tolerate it.

Yes, it is but worth the search-nt new
      #366654 - 01/10/12 03:27 PM
Gerikat

Re: Ooh, I love hemp milk! It's a little hard to find sometimes, but delicious! -nt- new
      #366741 - 01/23/12 05:44 PM
BobbyE

Reged: 11/28/11
Loc: New York, NY

Hey Heather,

I think I read somewhere that Hemp's fiber is 90% insoluber and 10% soluble. I encountered it when I was looking at protein powders and this one was one of the more popular ones: https://store.nutiva.com/hemp-protein/

Re: Ooh, I love hemp milk! It's a little hard to find sometimes, but delicious! -nt- new
      #366749 - 01/24/12 04:41 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'm not sure about the fiber breakdown. For hemp milk, there wouldn't likely be any fiber in there at all.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 330 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3932

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review