All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Carbs ARE NOT EVIL TO ANYONE new
      #36821 - 01/12/04 12:43 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I so agree with you. I found during PMS it seems my blood sugar must drop or blood pressure drop. I read Dr. Phil's website about raging hormones during PMS and it stated there if anybody deals with light headness make sure to eat carbs every two hours. I tried it this month and didn't have any dizzy spells.

I get tired of reading about all the hype about carbs being bad.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about carb cutter phase 2 for Heather new
      #144634 - 01/30/05 08:44 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

are you gaining weight from eating so much breads too? bc i am--i can see it and im hating it. i never thought to think about anything in food except for fiber! and now its calories..fat calories..fat percent...im not even too sure what a good carb amount is. do you?? whats considered a high amount?? im a vegan and while im being careful about my food choices..i feel im abusing my food choices too. like eating vegan pizza w/soy cheese~~thinking its okay bc the cheese is from soy..but theres still fat, you know? *sigh* ithought i had this figured out but somethings always dragging me back.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#144706 - 01/31/05 06:53 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Honestly I don't know how you expect to be vegan and eat low carb. By its nature a vegan diet is low fat and fairly low protein, and very healthy. Which you might notice is all the complete OPPOSITE of a low carb diet. You cannot cut fat and protein and carbs or you will be cutting everything.

The only way to lose weight is not to cut a single group of foods but to CUT CALORIES. The main benefits of a low carb diet studies have now shown is 'the fullness factor' - all those unhealthy foods on the low carb diets like butter and red meat fill you up a lot more which means you're not reaching for more food in an hour - and hey! Look you're cutting calories. But you can do this with a little will power, healthy food choices and by paying attention to what you eat... all without growing yourself a happy case of heart disease and diabetes (and colon cancer and osteoperosis.... ahem.)

I don't mean to be rude folks, but all this stuff about carbs making you fat is such garbage. It makes me sick.

carbs turn to sugar...sugar turns to fat...not garbage...fact. nt new
      #144718 - 01/31/05 07:05 AM
XXXXX

Reged: 11/23/04
Loc: South East Texas

Yes, garbage. TOO MUCH carbs = fat, not carbs in themselves - nt new
      #144782 - 01/31/05 08:46 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

#144804 - 01/31/05 09:05 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

wow...I just found this post...these things sound very scary....you have no idea what these extracts might do to your body...having IBS your gut is extremley sensitive and you should only feed it things it was designed to digest and recognise (one of the reasons artificial sweeteners are so awful)..do you exercise regularly? what kinds of carbs do you eat?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#144913 - 01/31/05 01:11 PM
taroh73

Reged: 12/28/04
Loc: chicago, il

I have to disagree with you somewhat there. I have been eating a very healthy (fruits, veggies, proteins, grains and fats) for a long time. Going on this diet, even though I have cut my fat and calories is causing me rapid weight gain b/c it's nothing but carbs/sugars. For some of us, that does make us fat if your body isn't used to it.

Please read the sticky post at the top of this board about carbs. -nt- new
      #144964 - 01/31/05 03:13 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I second Linz - that whole carbs=sugar is total garbage. - nt- new
      #144967 - 01/31/05 03:17 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#145077 - 01/31/05 06:56 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi! Just wanted to get something straight:

(Scary health issues aside) you CAN lose weight on a low carb diet (fullness factor etc.) and yes some people DO benefit from it (in the short term!)...BUT...

Carbs DO NOT MAKE YOU FAT... because you CAN ALSO lose weight on a HIGH CARB DIET. And as a person with IBS, the thought of a low carb (read: low fiber) diet just scares the hell out of me.

Just wanted to clear that up!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18105

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review