All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New website for IBS advocacy
      #365317 - 06/29/11 08:34 AM
Clara818

Reged: 06/08/09

Hi everyone!
I just started a new website/blog addressing IBS advocacy and awareness. It just came out, but I'm hoping it will motivate and organize people to speak up about IBS and help this disease get the research funding it so deserves. It will provide a little humor along the way, too. We could all use a little "relief!"

Check it out:
http://letscureibs.blogspot.com

Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New website for IBS advocacy new
      #365318 - 06/29/11 09:06 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Are you familiar with The Functional Gastrointestinal and Motility Disorders Research Enhancement Act of 2011 (H.R. 2239) now before the House of Representatives? It is a bill to expand federal research of functional gastrointestinal (GI) and motility disorders, such as IBS, GERD and gastroparesis. It calls on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to improve review, approval, and oversight of treatments for FGIMDs.

Also are you familiar with IBS Impact - a grass roots advocacy group?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#365320 - 06/29/11 10:55 AM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

IFFGD has been working tirelessly to support FGID research and advocacy - I am a lifetime member, and have been reading their literature since 1992! IFFGD has the top GI research physicians involved in their efforts!

On a side note ~ In 2005, Michael Mahoney and I had the honor to attend and exhibit at one of their International Symposiums held in Milwaukee where we were able to meet the founders who have worked so hard as well as the top researchers in the field who are on the cutting edge of bringing their research information to sufferers and professionals.

IBS Impact provides grass roots support, and I am honored to know the persons behind it - fantastic warriors for the support of sufferers!!!

And on another side note - Michael has provided an article for their site...

check it out: http://ibsimpact.org/michael_mahoney.htm

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#365321 - 06/29/11 11:00 AM
Marilyn

Clara - if you would like some info or stuff to post on your new blog regarding my journey or info, let me know - you may want to link with other similar sites about IBS support; etc. All the best to you! Your comments are echoed by all sufferers I am sure!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#365323 - 06/29/11 01:00 PM
Clara818

Reged: 06/08/09

All excellent stuff! I already have a link to IFFGD.

#365326 - 06/29/11 02:54 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Thanks so much, Clara. I am sure everyone on this site appreciates your link. We appreciate any new information and thank you for sharing!

#365327 - 06/29/11 02:58 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Thanks Marilyn. Helpful, informative, and encouraging to all peeps, including Newbies to this site!

If you email me new
      #365330 - 06/29/11 04:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

what you'd like for your site title and description and exact URL, I can add a link to this from our site's IBS links page.

Email help at helpforibs.com

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#365336 - 06/30/11 11:37 AM
journ3

Reged: 08/26/10

Thank you, Syl, for mentioning IBS Impact and thank you, Marilyn for all of your past support of me with the CDs and your work with Mike. It's important for the IBS community to work together in support of common goals, even when there may be political, philosophical or personality differences. HR 2239, the FGIMD Research Enhancement Act that Syl mentioned is a major opportunity which should not be left to slip away. These types of efforts do take work and time, but progress is possible if we work together. Anyone from any country who is interested in awareness and advocacy issues is welcome at IBS Impact. The intent is to complement, not compete with resources that have existed for a longer time.

#365340 - 06/30/11 12:43 PM
Marilyn

Hi journ3 ~ Thank you for your kind words, and you are welcome! All the best to you!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4326

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review